Bringing a Newbie: Going for "I have just met you and I love you."

Doesn’t the Golden Ticket get consumed when you use it on a standby ride? Got a golden ticket on my last trip, but was to scared I might lose it to try it on a standby ride.

4 Likes

Yes, it does disappear if used on a non-LL ride. So I would only use it once you have ridden all LL rides you want to ride & then use it on a SB ride with the longest wait.

6 Likes

Fifth what?
Are you having too much fun to post?

3 Likes

lol person. Yes I’m having too much fun and this is awesome btw. How can I go back?

6 Likes

Where is this? That’s not GCH is it?

1 Like

Tis

3 Likes

Pym’s has a taco??? Is this some Pixar fest food item? It looks delish.

Your plate of desserts is so cute! I wish I could get that grape soda macaron on its own though, cuz I am too cheap for the dessert package for a DCA parade, but it’s SO STINKIN CUTE.

And Dug looks like such a fun meet.

Uh oh, I just re-read your plans and noticed it was VIP day. Can’t wait to hear all about all the fun.

4 Likes

I promise to report but I’m screwed cuz this was amazing.

I literally didn’t have to be on my phone all day and we did both park in a circular pattern without backtracking and when things went wrong someone just took care of it. I’m soooooo screwed.

7 Likes

We rode 14 attractions, shopped, saw magic happens which pardon my language children but it’s effin fantastic. Best American parade I’ve seen in a long time with chairs near small world and they booked two meals for us.

We valet parked at GCH and took the short walk to Disneyland where we had 930am breakfast at Carnation Cafe. Cuz and Aunt went back to car for stuff and cuz had a work call so we started a bit late, closer to 1130am which is what he marked on sheet even though he was at the restaurant at 11am. It was a lovely yummy leisurely breakfast. We started with GotG which was a shorter wait than the day before, then Webslingers where I had the best score after guides tips, then RSR, then IC, then TSMM where DD beat me by 500 points (with guides tips) then both GRR and Soarin were down so we shopped and then parade from iasw where guide got us some snacks. Then Indy, pirates, beignets, Rise, MFSR where we let the newbies drive and they did not do so well but that’s even more fun, then Peter Pan which we literally walked right on which has never happened to me, then MMRR was closed so Matterhorn, Space and snacks again, Star Tours and then dinner at Blue Bayou which was so good and so relaxing we skipped the fireworks to just chat and chill for 2 hours. It was fantastic. We were beat so we left after that. But it was just very nice to not have to direct and book things and i really enjoyed our guide. He reminded so much of an extroverted version of my son. I could just talk to him anytime. Cuz lost her phone on a ride and he got it for us while we rode the next ride and when someone wanted a certain pair of ears he found them. When he ride broke down he knew why and how long it would really most likely be so you didn’t get the line of we don’t know. They do know. They really do. I seriously don’t know how I go back to being on my phone all day like yesterday. Sure I can get as much done for less money but I’m the one not living in the moment trying to make it all be magic.

5 Likes

That was my least fave thing on the plate. When we rode the wheel of death it was what I kept tasting. It tastes like a grape now n later. Like fake grape cheap candy. But the monsters inc Cookie was really good and I like the cake. The Bundt cake was too fake maple syrup tasting to me and the Rice Krispie treat was alright. The grapes were as the kids say these days bussin’. And the cheese and crackers good as well. I really liked the mocktail.

2 Likes

On our non tour day we did Pims, Mickeys PhilharMagic, Animation Academy, GotG, Webslingers, Pixar Parade which was inferior to the Magic Happens by a lot but still cute, Mermaid, Goofy, Swings, wheel of Death, Pixar Games which we won five toys including a medium and we gave them to a family of five kids, then monsters inc, RSR after dark, Flos V8 for dinner, and IC so 12 attractions plus the parade so almost as much as on the VIP tour but on my phone all day. I was able to get most everything I wanted but I’d have to monitor for better wait times to drop all day. Lots of ride breakdowns both days. More than I’ve ever seen before. Disney needs to invest in maintenance now.

5 Likes

I thought the taco looked new. It was good but the pretzel was the best thing we got. They don’t have the adult pb&j which I thought they used to and I wanted to try. Am I crazy for thinking that was a thing.

1 Like

5 Likes

So my honest VIP tour thoughts are that it’s not worth it for how much you can get done as you can do almost as much with just genie+. The value is in letting someone else do that work for you and showing up to things like parades and fireworks last minute and getting prime seating in a chair. And $4900 for that is not worth it imho to the average consumer. Stay an extra day instead and even in GCH that won’t cost you $4900. (Plus tip). Well it will if you get a fancy suite

However, it was an amazing experience and I’m glad I did it as it did really make my day more enjoyable, it was logical the ordering of attractions and it was nice getting the inside scoop on things. He made it fun pointing out hidden mickeys, explaining how to score more points in rides and telling us interesting stories like about the basketball court inside Matterhorn and how they used real bones in PotC originally. I don’t think I’d ever heard either of those stories before for example.

It’s going to be hard to some degree to be the person driving the tour on Monday. :-(. lol. But I do know I can manage. And I’m also to the point in my park traveling career to know it’s okay to leave an attraction unridden, a show unseen and just sit on a bench with a drink or snack, chat with your family/friends and enjoy the ambience.

6 Likes

And you get your own entrance into the park. Already beating Disney.

3 Likes

Btw Brayden was our Disney VIP guide and I highly recommend him.

3 Likes

So lesson to share on group tours, pee and eat when the opportunity is presented cuz then it’s not for chunks. Lol

2 Likes

And every ride is complete with xcept studio tour by 230pm. Buffet lunch is at 250 then 2 hour private studio tour. It does not include kung fu panda, waterworld or the kiddie dumbo ride.

For perspective we started at 1115am

3 Likes

The vip part of the studio backlot tour was really neat. We went inside a sound stage, the prop room and hung out in Europe (aka the Good Place). It’s always a fun experience. I was so shot after three days in a row in theme parks. We lost a phone on Mummy as it slipped out a pants pocket and no word on it though we reported it missing. I guess I’ll file an insurance claim since they didn’t seem to find it after the park closed and the ride was turned off. We did dinner with family at Antojitos and though it’s not bad, that’s not Mexican food. Tortilla soup isn’t tomato soup with chicken in it and when you order queso it shouldn’t come with bread. I wouldn’t eat there again. I know this is the same one they have in Orlando so good to know it’s skippable there too. You have to get it right when you’re serving a Texan! Ha ha.

Today we’re resting or partying I suppose for the Cinco de Mayo on the beach with family again but I’ll be back tomorrow with Disneyland. I booked our last night at the new Disneyland Hotel villas with the one that has a porch to the new pool. So I’ll take some photos of that ! Excited to see the new rooms cuz I think they look nice.

4 Likes

Oh the lunch buffet was either really good or I was just so hungry by then it was really good! We also rode silly swirly for the first time with our express pass so now I can say I’ve done every ride in Universal Hollywood lol.

Daughter made a couple of baskets in the boardwalk style games and won a unicorn toy too so maybe that made losing her phone a bit better ha ha. I don’t know how a 16yo is surviving without a phone. Poor thing.

They open at 9am so I’ll prolly wait till about 10am in case they just didn’t report the phone found till this morning cuz it was so late when the people were off. But it looks like we’ll have to order a replacement. Good thing I have total coverage thru Verizon!

1 Like