BREAKING: Tarzan's Treehouse Being Rethemed, Possibly to 'Encanto' at

3 Likes

Hmmmm. Not sure how I feel about this. How does the treehouse relate to Encanto? Am I not remembering something? I’m sure it will be fine in the end. Nothing can replace the Swiss Family Treehouse in my heart, though!

5 Likes

The closest I can think of is behind the door of Antonio? But would seem odd to theme a tree after a relatively minor character like that.

5 Likes

I forgot about that part!

2 Likes

20220418_100509

7 Likes

There is a tree in his room where all the animals play. He has the ability to talk with them. That is his gift

5 Likes

I too loved SF but feel so excited to be able to see it change a third time. My daughter is beyond excited to see it as Antonio’s tree :heart:

4 Likes

The best part about this is they are removing the huge trunk that contributes to so many crowding problems on that walkway. It was such a problem when we were there 2 weeks ago, and it wasn’t even that crowded (compared to what I am hearing for the last week). I don’t think Disney has said anything about it being Encanto, the blogger crowd just thinks it would be a good idea.

7 Likes

This MiceChat article has more discussion and pictures. It also mentions that Chip and Dale’s treehouse has been removed, possibly to make way for a path between Toontown and SWGE? (I’m skeptical due to geography between the lands …)

4 Likes

Ugh, it’s already closed? I had enough construction walls at WDW. I was looking forward to seeing actual parks, not green walls of “reimagining” or some shit.

Sorry. Stupid covid messing up the timing of everything.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Unfortunately there are construction walls all over Disneyland Park right now. Pirates of the Caribbean and the refurb around Rivers of America (planters and flattening of the walkway tiers), Blue Bayou (no bayou), all of Toontown, and various other minor projects. DCA is relatively free of construction though.

1 Like

I never got to see it as Tarzan’s Treehouse, so I have no skin in the game. But while I agree that the parks are not museums and are not intended to remain stagnant but to change and evolve over time, there’s something about everything needing IP attached to it which I just don’t like. Where’s the line? I don’t know. But it kind of bugs me that every time there’s a great movie (and Encanto IS great) there’s a rush to transform something to incorporate it. When I think about my favorite attractions at WDW (and DL) I’m consistently drawn to those things that are NOT associated with IP but are classic and original and stand on their own.

And also, get off my lawn.

8 Likes

:heart::heart::heart::+1:

Sorry about the construction but this needed to happen. I am so lucky I never broke something not realizing i was on an elevated tier. I always wanted new orleans square and rivers of america to be geographical related to each other the way adventurland and frontierland are.

2 Likes

There are quite a few walls up- the treehouse, and in New Orleans Square. Our view from Cafe Orleans 2 weeks ago was 1/2 waterfront, half wall. Pirates has walls up as well. It’s all good though, cause they put up these cute murals:

7 Likes

:rofl::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The old photo op! Toon town had a bunch right before it closed too. :blush:

4 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I get it. It’s a delicate balance. Disney parks need a mix of classic rides (Peter Pan), new IP attractions (Remy’s, GotG), and great non-IP themed experiences (BTMRR, TT). Everyone is going to have a slightly different opinion on where that balance lies.

In the case of Tarzan, I’ll miss it, but it was probably time for a makeover. (But don’t touch BTMRR or Pirates.)

4 Likes

It looks like it’ll be quite the opposite from my last visit to DLR which was the Halloween night before the closure. Then DCA had a lot of walls and DL was wide open.

I am sad, I was really trying to get Bayou for my birthday, but excited to try Napa Rose after @OBNurseNH’s glowing recommendation.

I’ve been trying to get Sam’s Tiki or an Oga’s for the past month but those are scooped up before I can even log in to DL’s website.

2 Likes

I never saw Oga’s for our dates, but did see them taking up walkups every time we passed by. I’d try for a walk up if you really want to go.

2 Likes