Breaking news masks

This was the worst part. I can shove a pretzel down my throat is 1 min flat so I can get going but impatiently watching my children take 30 mins to finish a small snack so we could get in a line while I watched the wait times tick up drove me absolutley crazy! Now…you want a pretzel sure but you better eat and walk child…eat and walk!

9 Likes

I’n actually wondering if their job might be a little easier? Folks might be willing to follow the attraction line/indoor rules knowing they can take masks off outside. Of course there will always be asshats but it might not be as bad as people are thinking it will be.

1 Like

I suppose it could go either/both ways

1 Like

@mathhound just taught us that sometimes the M in masses is silent… so let’s see how the masses behave in the parks :thinking:

10 Likes

So far everyone I’ve seen has been fine.

And just to clarify, it’s the standard entrance where masks are enforced. So for example, I’m in line for ToT. Masks were not enforced until the regular/old FP entrance. Part of this queue is outdoors, but masks are needed.

CMs seem to be doing an excellent job this far.

9 Likes

and how are the Masses doing? :wink:

2 Likes

I haven’t seen any issues so far. But it’s only been an hour :wink:

4 Likes

The Masses haven’t heard the news yet :wink: WDW didn’t have a press release they just quietly updated their masking policy on their website and app. Some CMs probably didn’t know until they got to work this morning. I just hope all those that stayed away b/c of masking will not push the issue when/if they decide to return to the parks during this transition time.

3 Likes

Yup. This is how I understood it.

2 Likes

Also our experience at Epcot.

7 Likes

There were reports on chat that masks were on in the outside line at FoP so it seems like not all parks are on the same page?

What happens at SDD?

2 Likes

@BoilerMomPharmD you contradict yourself I think. In one place you say masks aren’t needed in extended queues and in another you say they are. I’m confused as to which is being enforced.

Is it the official line though - like outside but after the normal FPP tap in? Because that’s the official line and requires a mask. The extended line - out by FOTLK should not require a mask.

I will follow the directions of the CMs all around though. No sense in being a dick about it.

7 Likes

And it is different at Universal? Any queue- so that includes outside?

Now they are saying CMs announced no need to put on a mask until you are entering g a building.

Is the Safari covered queue a building?

2 Likes

Now that makes me really sad

I wonder if Six Flags will soon follow? I know different state. But, Texas got rid of their mask mandate.

1 Like

How about cirque du Soleil? FP is the capacity gets back to normal? Need to refresh my liner SDFP skills!

1 Like

No, I am not.

The extended outdoor queues (out past the marked/signed entrance & beyond where FP/DAS/RS would check in) does not require masks. Once you hit the entrance that had signage, FP, wait time, etc, masks are required, even if part of that queue is outdoors.

8 Likes

helpful intel, ty

1 Like