Breakfast Near Beach Club Resort

I’m finally starting to feel that our August 2022 trip to WDW is actually going to happen! After rescheduling 3 times since March 2020, it was beginning to look like we would never make the trip.

On our last trip (2018), we scheduled breakfast at Kona Cafe on our checkout day. We packed up the van and drove to Polynesian from Pop Century, had a fabulous breakfast and then began the long drive home. We were thinking of doing the same thing this trip (I loved the Tonga Toast!), but this time we are finishing our trip at Beach Club. It occurred to us that it might be a better choice to find a great TS breakfast in the Crescent Lake area instead. It would have to be a resort restaurant since we will not have park tickets for that day. Any recommendations for a great meal to end out WDW trip? Or should we just plan to head back to Kona Cafe?

1 Like

Trattoria al Forno, Ale and Compass.

3 Likes

There’s lots of choices over there: Cape May, Ale n Compass, Topolinos at Riv, Boardwalk Bakery, Trattoria

Any particular reason for choosing either of those? Or preferring one over the other? What types of breakfasts do they serve? Thanks!

Do you have a preference for any particular one?

I’m thinking we would have to drive to Topolinos. We’d prefer to stick to walking distance.

1 Like

Both get excellent food reviews. You can view current menus here - Lines but obviously there might be changes before August. Trattoria used to be a character meal before covid but there was also the option to eat there without characters.

3 Likes

I would go to Cape May Cafe or Ale and Compass. Cape May is family style and Ale and Compass isn’t. Both great. Both right at your resort.

1 Like

Ale & Compass! Don’t stop and pass GO, head directly to Ale & Compass! Go!

2 Likes

5 Likes

Okay, that looks delicious! What is it?

1 Like

Dark Chocolate Waffle

Dried Cherry Compote, Espresso-Mascarpone Cream, Chocolate Shavings, and choice of Sausage or Bacon

$13.00

2 Likes

I enjoyed Cape May. I’d like to go back for A&C to try their chocolate waffles… otherwise no.

1 Like

Hmm, how strong is the coffee flavour from the Espresso-Mascarpone Cream? That would be my only concern.

1 Like

Oh… you could take the skyliner at IG to get to Topolinos. I’ve not been yet but it gets rave reviews.

I do not recall specifically, but when I copied and pasted that menu line to send to you I was surprised to even hear that it was coffee flavored, since I don’t remember it! So it can’t have been that strong. Hopefully someone who has been recently can chime in! Or I miiiiiight go back in December!

1 Like

I would recommend Ale & Compass for these reasons:

1. Good food options, including Mickey waffles, dark chocolate waffles, salted caramel apple french toast, etc.
  2. NOT PRIX FIXE!!! Some of the buffet options are way too expensive for picky kids or adults who are saving their appetite for later in the day. A&C was one of our cheapest meals on our trip.
  3. Proximity to Beach Club - very easy to get to in the morning and still be in position to get to Epcot or HS
  4. Ambiance - very quiet, pleasant restaurant (depending on where they seat you, I guess). Classy but not stuffy.
4 Likes

I really want to try Cape May someday, whether for breakfast or dinner, but I can’t bring myself to pay that price until my kids gain a healthy appetize. It’s a very inviting place, though. You have to walk past it to get to Stormalong Bay or to Yacht Club.

1 Like

I really wish Cape May had been open when we stayed at the Beach Club. My DS5 can make back our Disney buffet money in one trip. The Chef Mickey’s shrimp platter did not know what hit it. (Not my DS3 though!! But we left him at home for that trip…)

2 Likes

Agree!! And get the chocolate waffles!!

3 Likes

Definitely Ale & Compass!

4 Likes