Breakfast Near Beach Club Resort

While we were there in May 2021, we ate at Ale & Compass, Trattoria, and Cape May.
None of the adults in our group will want to return to Cape May.
We would all happily return to Trattoria as a first choice, happily return to Ale & Compass.

3 Likes

You make a sound point. I too prefer being able to order a la carte and not pay a fixed price. SH-71 is a la cart as is GFC. I will pick those over Prix Fixe b/c I don’t ever eat enough to justify the cost. Another reason I’m not interested in character meals any longer.

2 Likes

I have been to Ale & Compass and Cape May in the last few months- Trattoria right before Covid.

I would pick: A&C (quality and value), Trattoria (solid), Cape May (way overpriced)

5 Likes

I don’t like coffee at all. And those waffles were delicious. That’d be my vote, too. Don’t be fooled/lured by the blueberry bacon pancakes…they’re not bad but they don’t even begin to compare to the waffles.

2 Likes

I agree w/ this, but I was happy w/ the quality and it’s location really worked for me the day I was there :wink: Also, I was given the pastry basket, ordered mickey waffles and a veggie omelet and I think they undercharged me b/c I was only charged $23. I remember thinking that it was low.

ETA: I also ordered coffee that NEVER showed up :frowning:

So glad to hear that! I’m always afraid to order anything that mentions espresso or mocha because I am not a fan of coffee. Good to know that is not a problem with the chocolate waffles. :grin:

1 Like

There were no omelettes when we went 9/25- way overpriced

1 Like

Trattoria is an excellent choice too.

3 Likes

The idea of the waffles sounds amazing. The execution with cherry and coffee flavors makes me 100% not interested. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Thank goodness. I thought they were prunes. Not a good choice prior to “hopping in the van for the long trip home”.

4 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

I thought they were prunes too!

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Gives us some choices to think about in the months until we make our dining reservations.