Break and Bad(news) ...WDW ready or not

Lying down, just finished my final bag check for my flight tomorrow. I am offically carrying the smallest carryon and my kate spade weekend bag…and thats it for a week!!! I litterally packed 3 days of clothes, and laundry detergent. We are staying 19-26th BCV and switch to BLT on 21. It is my sons spring break!!
Wed wasnt feeling well and telemed w my primary. He was like you need to see gastro asap…long story short…in on a cancellation appt today and i am having an endoscopy on the 27th. OMG…do we have to move this fast?

8 Likes

Only good thing is i sleep so little, even my FB trackers says…poor, that i will get a litte rest with the endoscopy.
I have packed everything…Easter candy for one son in UMD, and birthday cards for both boys! I also have 1 compression bag full of 2 fishing shirts, 2 polos and 2 bathing suits for college guy. And snacks for our crew of 6. So i ask DH could he carry first aid meds and ponchos…“No…you need to bring those”. Have you seen my meds bag…dr wanted me to take another 2 supplements, and i said no…10 meds a day is enough. Just how much stuff am i susposed to take. I gave up buying diet pepsi…thats enough. :wink:

4 Likes

Looking forward to living this trip up. We have a few nice ADRs and a few favorites. I have a special pin i am going to trade away with someone…fingers crossed hoping to make some childs day(with their parent there ofcourse). Will post a pic of pin. Really looking forward to the cabana at BC on Sunday…i am just not this fancy person…but for this trip i am going to pretend im 20 something again and live my best non influencer life. Ok off to rest, leaving for airport in 10 hrs

12 Likes

Have a great trip!

Yikes! I hope travel goes smoothly and you can enjoy the trip before coming home to the endoscopy!

I should probably give up Diet Pepsi too. :frowning: How are you doing with that?

Get some rest! You’ll be fine with just a few outfits. I always fly carry on only and it can be very freeing.

2 Likes

Thanks! Went cold turkey, Jan 1st stopped buying soda for the house. I only treat myself to it if im out to lunch. It was my one vice…i was down to caffine free diet pepsi. Im trying seltzers and flavored waters. Its going ok.

4 Likes

Im up! A very weak 5 hours of sleep. Checked on son leaving from Maryland. He couldnt get an Uber so he drove to his little local airport 30 mins away. He is waiting to board and good to go!
I have very little food in house so contomplating choices for breakfast or skipping.

8 Likes

Ok I did NOT lose the checked bag weight difference game(difference between guess of weight and actual weight of checked bag…2lbs…loser buys lunch)! Son in Philly flight delayed, our flight delayed 40 mins. Good thing I went with a late LeCellier dinner. Hoping to make the 5:30 show at Epcot and see Mike w Big Shot Band.

7 Likes

Have a great trip! Hope you feel well through it.
Are you doing a live trip report?

Hope you have the best trip!

2 Likes

Ok, end of a long day. Our noon flight became a 1pm flight. We arrived mco at 4 but sat waiting for a gate 15 mins or so. Luggage out very quick, at national rental car by 5pm. Quick stop at target(over kinda by ssr) got groceries and beverages, no pool noodles. At BC by 6pm, checked in 2 brm on 2nd floor . Ok location an has balcony i wanted. Waited on 1 final member arriving from Key West at 7:40. So missed concert. 8pm guys wanted drinks at RNC bar. Good, standing room only, but quick . 8:55 LC, sat a little after 9. We were the last ones out at 10:30. Waiter Jazz, excellent. Walked home. Night all! Not going to be a true live report, but will post as much as possible, and as long as phone hangs on. Tomorrow HS

9 Likes

Hsve a great trip!

1 Like

Left bcv at 7:05, missed first boat at 7:15. Walked over. At 7 am had securred 8:55 RNR, with intent of doing SD at EE. SD down, so walked on TSM. Off TSM and grabbed a snack and to RNR for 8:50. Just grabbed a 9:50 ST LL and plan is to see IJ at 10:45 and leave for pool time(hello cabana at BC) coming back for 4:30 ish.

6 Likes

Cabanna has been a nice break. Got here a little after 12. Had fruit tray and popcorn and pretzels. There are 6 of us. Attendant Rea has been great. Server that brought lunch an adult beverages great too. Grilled chicken and seafood roll both excellent. Hamburger was good, just more standard. Came w home made chips, excellent. DH was very happy watching Tottenham Hot Spurs win and resting on couch. Young agults did a couple dips in lazy river and hot tub. Everyone happy and now glad we got up so early to get a few rides done w LL, and having this big 4 hr rest. Dessert tray came and there were 8 minis. 2x each type. DH feels it is worth price, im very happy, but if you got to the pool around 12, you could have gotten a nice spot, had bar and lunch service, maybe you would get your own icecream dessert and still have a lovely day(no FOMO), with out the cost of the cabanna(no preimere league soccer, sorry). Leaving by 4 to get ready for tonight.

8 Likes

I would love to do this in July, but I can’t afford to stay at BC or YC. It’s on my bucket list!

1 Like

Did u guys end up getting on slinky?

Try renting points. I did this and it made it affordable!

1 Like

Yes, today!

1 Like

Ok couldnt post for a day.
Sunday night returned to stand by MMRR(40 min wait at 5:40 vs 70 min posted) to dinner at mama melrose. I think everyone had chicken parm and 3 apps(fyi i got kids due to not being able to eat much, and it was perfect) waiter smiled and said yes(left additional tip). After dinner did MF G+. We walked to ROTR, wait was just over an hr at 8:15. Waited in standby, got past Ren room and just boarding at 9:00 when ride went down for good. Told we would be issued an anytime LL for tomorrow or could go to GS for other. On to our 8:55 olgA. Had a quick drink. Dh and 2 on to sushi and karoke , 2 went back to room at 10:15 and i went to guest services.

5 Likes

I was at guest services till almost midnight. I moved the ROTR to tues as we had a park reservation for that day. I also explained we were there at 7:15 and had tried to also ride slinky dog(which stayed down till 4) and Jess could tell what we had done. She said because of everything today(sun) she was giving us the 2 anytime pass for slinky and rotr. Went to leave, no boats, no sky liner, but got a private bus back. Legs are swollen

5 Likes