Break and Bad(news) ...WDW ready or not

Monday was our check out day from BCV. But first was 7am fishing from YC, Tim was guide, everyone loved it, caught lots of fish in epcot lake. Tim is highly recommened. After fishing 9:20 at AC for breakfast, loved the chocolate waffles. Then we packed up, got into swimsuits amd got a table and chilled at SAB. 12:45 lunch at beaches n cream, had the french dip(1/2) it was perfect. Back to pool till 3:30. Rushed to BLT , room request did not come thru again, but love 3 bathrooms. Booked out by 4:45 for a 5:30 at Beirgarten. Did soarin and living w land, harminous, and then late night TT and 1 hr wait on Remy, long day

5 Likes

Today got up at 10 am, made breakfast in room and headed out to HS to do SD and ROTR. Another hiccup when guest services has made the note, but never linked the day, needed a coordinator but got it handed at both places done by 1 and bach to room for lunch and nap. Back out this afternoon for 4:30, dinner at 6:45 at VN. It was ok, kids wanted to walk around and we were out as Harminous ended. I will say over the past 2 days every time we are in the monorail there is always at least 2 people WO a mask in each car. Today someone from transportation staff walked in with a box and told non wears to put a mask on. IMO Epcot construction is a joke…should be around the clock and done asap…i cant believe this is still going on. Lack of staffing is apparent in the parks. Bathrooms everywhere and paths near parking lot at HS had garbage visable and dont seem to be cleaned as frequently in the past. Have seen many areas of deferred maitenance. It is sad.

3 Likes

:crying_cat_face:

Awesome!

And that is with knee high compression socks every day. I had both feet operated on last 2 years 2 times. Last yr had a scooter, this year i could use one, but family hates me using one. So trying to sleep in and rest more. Today was better leg wise

Have you tried thigh highs? They help me a lot more than knee highs.

1 Like

No, normally swelling is only an issue in feet due to surgeries. And at home i only wear 3-4 days a week. Wore leggins tonight (with compression socks) and it seemed better.

2 Likes

This morning the crew has shifted to we want to get up late and maybe do parks. All you planners are collectively rolling your eyes like i am. Ok, so no RD, switching to G+ and stacking stragety. Thank you to all the liners that have previously mentioned. Targeting arrival for 4 pm, have BTMRR, POC, and JC stacked before dinner(5:45 at Tonys). Then looking for a few to stack after dinner. Whatever we dont get done, we will maybe hit late night. Getting laundry done and thinking of going to pool.

7 Likes

I forgot to post about my hilarious interaction at ROTR. After we came off the shuttle, i come face to face w a young lady who was doing a great job being in character. I started smiling because i was thinking she’s doing a great job and this is one of those jobs that you dont always have to be happy at…then it popped in my head…like haunted mansion. I was on the verge of laughing. Without skipping a beat she was like, what are you smiling at? Realizing i cant ruin this for everyone…i just said its like haunted mansion. The young lady turns to the other mother and young child and says “she’s crazy”, she comes back to me…you think this is like haunted mansion? Now im laughing, and saying to myself… Dont ruin this for others. I say in my sweetest voice…“thats what Kilo said”. Well that got her rolling too…when she handed us off she recapped to the next person how i was crazy and that Kilo had told me this was the HM…well he rolled with that too. It was hysterical. Both people were great staying in character.

6 Likes

Dinner at Tonys was ok, every else got the trio and loved it, mozzerella sticks great. I had the alfredo and grilled chicken. Due to my condition i started choking and could not eat. Waiter Nicholas was great. After dinner we did People mover, line long but constantly moving. Buzz after that. Then quick liner meet up w Jeff_az and ppehap. Highlight of night! Kids did tiki. Then some grabbed quick turkey leg. HM was quick w LL(posted 20 min stand by). I bailed on iasw. Some of kids staying to do space etc. Felt we got a lot accomplished.

7 Likes

We got a late start and the 10:30 rain was depressing, but we did dino -walk on-'6(40 min stand by, more like 50). Grabbed a ll for safari, did that. Best safari ever. Tons of animals, driver was great. Did Gorilla Falls Trail. Baby ducks so cute. Had lots of egg rolls at YnY…bring wipes, no one cleaning tables. Most are going on Kali and the a few of us are headded back to hotel for a rest or school work. Dinner tonight a Boma.

6 Likes

Love Boma!

3 Likes

Hoping i can find something to eat!!! Im not susposes to eat bread or steak(my favorites). Next week will be better.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s still there but the chicken curry soup was my favourite thing.

2 Likes

Ok ill keep an eye out, thanks!

1 Like

I mostly ate soup, salad, and some carved meats. I don’t think they had steak on the menu actually. Definitely try the soups though. They were all delicious.

1 Like

Will do, thank you!

1 Like

Ok, have to post something i saw today that i never thought i would see…A Tip cup at the side window at the quick service next to Kali.
I have seen a ton of defered maintenance, cleaning is not any where near where it was. So if you have a trip planned bring plenty of wipes. At HM last night i saw 8 plastic bottles on the floor when you step into the doom buggies. Same w pirates there were water bottles on the floor in the loading area (slip hazard) and on floor in boat(again slip hazard). I have never seen this(even last year).
People need to also put their garbage in its place

2 Likes

Coming to end of trip. Today is a free day. Hoping to go to mk or e. Dinner is at california grill. And tomorrow is ds w raglan road. Have to check if were getting snow tomorrow at home…

1 Like

OK I completely missed this!

I’ll have to read up today!

1 Like

This is absolutely terrible!

What is with people?!?!?!

1 Like