Boardwalk Opening Date Announced

6 Likes

Please, please, please announce Flying Fish!

3 Likes

I’m surprised they are opening another deluxe resort and not a moderate. I guess they can make more money w/ a deluxe over a moderate.

Boardwalk was announced early and then delayed l. I know Jellyrolls was announced at one point too. I will be watching for that too.

1 Like

What’s Jellyrolls… I know what they are in the pastry and quilting world but not the Disney world?

1 Like

It is a dueling piano bar on the Boardwalk.

1 Like

oh… thank you! I’ve never been but is now on my radar :heart_eyes:

1 Like

One problem with opening moderates is transportation. They would need to allocate more buses to the moderate resort. But opening Boardwalk requires virtually little to no increase in transportation needs.

If they opened POR/POFQ, however, they would need constant buses running from there to all the parks and DS in addition to what they are running already today.

I think it will be hard to open up more until they can stop limiting bus capacities.

4 Likes
  1. I adore the Boardwalk and wish I had made my reservations there since the CR tower closed for refurb.

2. Should I be sprinting to buy park hoppers and get my park reservations for September?

I would say I wouldn’t delay any longer than absolutely necessary. Get it done ASAP

3 Likes

as always… valid points… I did think that all the deluxe were operating to some extend due to DVC and it would make sense to open more there first.

So, any ideas on what will open next?
I ask because… Well, I’ve been doing the College of Knowledge Program and on the spring 2021 update to the curriculum (that’s supposed to be all about things in the covid era) they have a whole thing about updated resorts, and they showed videos and AKL was one of them. Why show that if they don’t plan on opening it?
They had the new designs for Poly and WL too.

2 Likes

Eek, I just received a PM telling me my duplicate thread was flagged and removed, with a link to the posting guidelines.

I hope this isn’t held against me! Like a demerit. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Well the only deluxe not open is AKL.

Moderates still to open are POR & POFQ. And the values are 2 of the All Stars I think.

So I guess it’ll depend on demand for each category.

1 Like

I see so many CMs are being called back on the ears for each other facebook group that I can’t help but think they think things are going to be much closer to normal soon.

5 Likes

Oh, that is good news! Thank you for sharing that info! I have been so worried about CMs. My son was going to try for the CP last summer, so when everything shut down, I was in the middle of researching everything CP. It was bad enough for those kids, but the shutdown was just devastating for actual full-time CMs. Oh, my fingers are so crossed for all the laid off CMs!!!

2 Likes

You’re TA???

1 Like

Ha! I had posted on your thread offering to delete this one! I think we posted at almost the same time.

That is very weird! I swear there have been duplicates the past?

1 Like

Can you upgrade one day tickets to park hoppers through the app?

I don’t believe so. But you may be able to do it by calling.
No hurry on that, aside from not wanting to spend time at GS on arrival, since you can’t hop til 2 anyway.

1 Like