Black Widow!

Why would I do that? I don’t have anyone on ignore. Not even the people I don’t like.

2 Likes

Your sister was a better sport than I would have been. I don’t take well to people demanding I do stuff in my free time.

One of my friends suggest Guardians of the Galaxy as an entry way into it, and that was the right way to guide me. I just adore those guys!! As they became more involved with the other Marvel super heroes THEN I was ready to get more involved.

But had someone given me a stack and said watch them this way initially, they would have lost me immediately.

There was definitely interest on her part to watch them before they gave her the ordered stack. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Ah, gotcha. I didn’t get that. I misunderstood and thought it was a “You must watch these since you haven’t” kind of thing.

1 Like

I watched them all out of order. I had zero interest. I rarely watch ANYthing at all. But it meant so much to my then teen boys. They desperately wanted Mom to enjoy them with them. So they started me with Captain America: The First Avenger, believing I would appreciate his moral character. Then they had me watch The Avengers and I was interested in the whole gamut. We still watched them in random order as I only wanted to watch things we could run through ClearPlay and at that time they weren’t all available.

Through Lockdown I went back and watched them all in order. And I have seen Captain Marvel a dozen+ time bc it is my favorite stand alone and a great accompaniment while I am painting, etc.

I do love Marvel, but I’m not interested in the next phase. I feel like it has run its course for us.

AntMan is a very different feel. I did love his character in End Game and how they fit Ant Man and Wasp in. I made the craziest shocked noise in the theater my kids still tease me about.

3 Likes

The other thing for me is I have seen them all, most of them more than twice. But the odds of me remembering enough to appreciate every tie in is absolutely zero. I can barely keep the villains straight while I am watching it, much less their names. Then the kids are like, “OOO - look! blah-blah is in the background!!!” and I’m sitting quietly because I don’t remember the name, wouldn’t remember the movie they were in if you TOLD me the name, and wouldn’t remember what they were doing in that movie at the time.
I’m still remember complaining loudly in one movie or another WHY was Loki there? how was he even still alive? could he just go away already??
I am so easily confused.

4 Likes

OMGosh, this is me too :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I’m impressed.

Rotten Tomatoes gives it 80% and audiences 92%.
Are we just hungry for returning to the movies, or is it really that good?

Can’t wait to find out for myself.
Black Widow (2021) - Rotten Tomatoes

2 Likes

My dd (20yo in a couple of weeks) knows every character, in every timeline and how they cross over into other movies, tv shows, and comic books … for both Marvel and DC. It is like living with a walking encyclopedia for super heroes! :rofl:

I can’t even pretend to keep up.

The excitement in our house for not only each movie, but each episode of WandaVision and now Loki, is palpable. They are all followed by in depth conversations about characters and plot lines that I don’t even pretend to understand.

This is dd in July of 2017 when we visited Disneyland. Natasha chided Beth for wearing a Cap shirt. When Beth responded that it was really difficult to find Black Widow shirts, Natasha agreed with her and said she understood. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

The teen in our house looked up flerken. There’s at least a comic book tie in to Rocket. Cracked me up.

Unfortunately, the teen is now immersed in a certain video game, resulting in yet another universe of stuff I’m struggling to keep straight. :laughing:

Awesome photo!

Wandavision resonated. I don’t even understand any Loki appeal. And can hardly wait to get back to my sister’s to see more Falcon and Winter Soldier.

@qwerty, Captain Marvel so reminds me of my growing up and being told you can’t do this. Over and over. One of my all time fav movies.

(Not a small number, tho. :smirk:)

1 Like

She was my favorite meet and greet on our DLR trip. Black Panther noticed my shirt first and pointed it out to her and she went as wild as a steely assassin can get.

9 Likes

I don’t think it is just people wanting to get back to the movies. There have been other big ones released since March (my marker since that is when theaters reopened in NYC): Raya, Cruella, F9, In The Heights… I think with BW is is a great mix of super hero and just plain family dynamics.

1 Like

This was me. Only I told DH. We watched them all in chr. order. I much prefer series that way.

Although I’d peetered out in the Dune book series around 2000. I recently went back and read the whole thing in chr. order. It is nice that way. Also nice to know why some stuff really really mattered. DH believing in the publ. order.

1 Like

I am not sure which order they had her follow… just that dh and dd agreed on it!

I was an early Dune fan. I might need to go back and read that.

1 Like

She should seriously hang out with my DS21! He’s exactly the same way!

2 Likes

So they were unsure (which shocked me!), but an on line search ensued. We found an entire page dedicated to Fury’s SUV on the Marvel Wiki site, but nothing about the licence plate.

I have two special skills. Maybe superpowers, I don’t know.

The first is that I can go to sleep at will. No matter when, no matter where. It’s quite a gift.

The second is that I always forget how movies end, so that when I rewatch them I’m completely surprised by the ending. Also quite a gift.

6 Likes

Just got out of Black Widow. It was excellent!

4 Likes

Thanks!

Which is odd. Several MCU license plates refer to something else.

But not this Fury one . . .

And it seems like such a weird plate.

Just got home, too. Was excellent. I highly recommend.
Felt like old school Marvel. I needed that. The Disney+ stuff has been such a let down. This was :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: