Big thunder mountain VS 7 Dwarfs

I really love both rides, but would give 7DMT first place. The theming is amazing! I also asked my two kids and my older son prefers 7DMT and my younger son prefers BTMMR. They are both must rides for our family, who enjoys roller coasters, but not really big roller coasters.

1 Like

If you have ridden a version of BTMRR I would recommend 7DMT because it will be a brand new experience. It is not the greatest coaster but the dark ride part makes it unique.

Also, I LOVE the DL version of BTMRR because it has the fun, wooden coaster feel same as the WDW one, but the theming is way better. If DLP one os the same way you might find WDW a let down.

1 Like

Big Thunder! This is my #2 fav ride behind Space Mountainā€¦ I could (and have) ride Big Thunder 4-5 times in a row and never get tired of it! I have ridden 7DMT once, and it was definitely not worth the wait, even with a fastpassā€¦

2 Likes

Lots of answers alrwady but Iā€™ll chime in: my 4 and 7 year olds both love 7D and would wait even 1.5hours for it. Especially the younger one finds BTM a bit too rough and choppy. I like both, very different, BTM is obviously more old school and a more exciting coaster, 7D is smoother.

1 Like

7DMT has a lot of detail recalling the film. More appropriate for younger kids experiencing their first ā€˜realā€™ roller coaster. BTMRR is a better coaster imo, but not as detailed storywise.

2 Likes

My 4.5 year old would say BTTM was probably his favorite of the two. But my 8 year old niece would say 7DMT. So you really canā€™t go wrong.

1 Like