Big thunder mountain VS 7 Dwarfs

I would not change my answer. I’d never wait more than 15 minutes for 7DMT. I’ll wait an hour for BTMRR, despite the fact I’ve been on it umpteen times.

5 Likes

I’ve read that too.

1 Like

I have only done the queue once or twice at RD so i am usually going fast. But your right it is better.

1 Like

The thing is, if you’ve got time for one or the other, you could do BTMRR twice probably in the same time you’d wait for 7DMT. I’d never do it without a FP.

4 Likes

Oh no earworm! Nooooooo. :joy:

4 Likes

This is key right here, they are not really similar except that you ride a train through a mountain. If you want a uniquely themed calm ride you pick 7DMT. If you want an exciting (albeit tame by coaster standards) ride you go on BTMRR.

9 Likes

I love them both, but BTMRR is my very favourite ride in MK! And I agree that I would never do 7DMT without a FP.

3 Likes

Definitely Splash Mountain. …oh wait. I like 7dmt, but btmrr is better to me

3 Likes

In all honesty, I am not sure anyone here is really addressing YOUR needs. When we went in 2016, I had 2 DD both age 6 years. One of them LOVED 7DMT. Still talks about it to this day. We didn’t get a chance to do BTMRR because it was down the whole week we were there, but I know what it’s like.

The answer is it really depends. Who all is going with you and what are their ages? Tolerances? Are they new to coasters?

We started off on Barnstormer because my kids had never been on any coaster. Ever. Then we moved up to 7DMT. My daughter that loved it will be going on BTMRR and EE in AK this November. I am still trying to get her to volunteer for RnRC in HS, but we will cross that bridge when we get there.

The reason I ask is because BTMRR, while not a big coaster by any means, is a pretty decent step up from 7DMT. If you have someone who doesn’t want any intensity or is new to coasters, maybe start at 7DMT. Since you only have time for 1, that’s what I would do in that case.

If there isn’t anyone new to coasters, and likes a little more thrill, BTMRR is the way to go. While definitely NOT RnRC, BTMRR still has a little rush to it. 7DMT really does not.

As I mentioned we were on Big thunder in Disneyland Paris.
My kids are 12, almost 9 and 6 but my 12 years old is not so much into roller coasters with high speed. The big thunder is ok for her , speed wise. I think that maybe we will split and I will take my little one to 7D but only if I have fast pass for it

Somehow I missed that. But, if the 6YO has never been on a coaster, BTMRR might be a little too much. Maybe that’s a good plan. Try to get FP for you and theh 6YO at 7DMT and FP for everyone else at BTMRR and meet up after you’re done. Shouldn’t have to be apart long if you do it that way.

1 Like

I think you should do SDMT. First, you’ve been on BTMRR in Paris.

Second, neither of your kids listed it as a must do (or at least, I didn’t get that impression from you).

Third, and this is key, amid overwhelming response to ride BTMRR, you still seem to want SDMT, which tells me that is the answer you were hoping for and thus, the ride you should choose.

Besides, FPs for SDMT are harder to get than BTMRR. You don’t say why you can choose only one, but once you get your FPs for SDMT, make BTMRR your second.

4 Likes

Big thunder

Let me expand on this. BTMM is longer and more satisfying to me. I am a coaster junkie. So I would pick this one. Hard to see all the details. Would love a walk through tour for this one so many details.

7dmt is a nice gentle coaster with great visuals and beloved songs. A better introduction to coasters. But personally i would only do this with fpp.

3 Likes

My DD6 loved 7DMT, then we rode Big Thunder and she loved that! Then we went on Barnstormer and she hated it! I’d start with 7DMT if your child is say more than 5 or 6 and if they like it move on to Big Thunder. And I would only do 7DMT with a FPP or at rope drop. No need to wait in a line that long.

Ah! I think they’re vastly different!

My vote for the best attraction with the best theme is 7 Dwarfs. If you enjoy ride photos, this is also the better choice as Big Thunder does not have photos.

1 Like

They’re both fun. It depends on what you’re looking for. Big Thunder for uniquely themed, fun coaster - if you’re a coaster fan do that. If you like Disney dark rides, 7DMT is a tame coaster with a fun dark ride element.

Both are great.

2 Likes

BTMRR for our entire family. The one at Paris is exceptional - way better than WDW. 7D is good it’s well themed smooth but too short. Love the wildest ride in the wilderness!

1 Like

I’m a BTMRR woman all the way. If I can only do one, it’s this one every time. Agreed that the 7DMT queue is a bit more fun, and the theming of the ride is great. But for the actual ride part, BTMRR is longer and much more exhilarating! I did it after dark for the first time this past trip which just took things to a whole new level of fun for me. I so wish they would do photos on this ride, I can only imagine the hilarity :slight_smile:

2 Likes

BTMRR is better. 7DMT is so overrated. I rode it during Early Morning Magic and even with no lines, I had no desire to ride it again.

2 Likes

I was at DLP last September, and WDW twice in the last 4 months.

I still wouldn’t go on 7DMT again if you paid me… while I’m glad to ride BTMR.

1 Like