Big thunder mountain VS 7 Dwarfs

Hi All,
If we have time for only one of them (they look similar attractions to me) , which one should we go for?

BTMRR will be a much shorter wait and a better ride.

6 Likes

Big Thunder.

2 Likes

Big Thunder is a better ride, but seeing the dwarves in the mine and singing “We dig dig dig dig dig dig dig in a mine the whole day through” is pretty great!

6 Likes

7DMT.
I love them both but the 7DMT is stunning.

1 Like

A bit shocked by this!

To me, BTMRR is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY better than 7DMT. Hands down. No questions asked.

But, apparently, variety (of opinion) is the spice of life! :smiley:

6 Likes

If you littles who may be intimidated then 7dmt the way to go. If not, BTMRR is 10x a better coaster experience

1 Like

BTMRR has no princesses.
BTMRR is almost too fast to take in much
BTMRR doesn’t have the mine of jewels like @DumboRunner mentions
BTMRR doesn’t have the cottage.

I love BTMRR but it I could only do one it’d be the 7DMT. Especially with MM. The video they make with MM makes the best little video.

2 Likes

Agree. Hard Stop. BTMRR is my whole family’s favorite “thrill-type” Disney ride of all 4 parks. 7DMT is boring and short, imo.

3 Likes

7DMT doesn’t have bats on strings
7DMT is almost too short to believe
7DMT doesn’t have the snarky miner announcer voice.
7DMT doesn’t have any fun.

:wink:

(Okay. I’m just having fun with you now.)

3 Likes

I will give you that 7DMT ends too soon :wink:

3 Likes

I’m voting for the wildest ride in the wilderness.

6 Likes

Ah. Liberty Square River Boat!

5 Likes

I read somewhere now (don’t remember where to confirm) that the reason 7DMT feels like half a coaster is because, well, it is. They said it was originally designed to be twice the size, but last minute budget cuts forced them to literally cut off half the ride. Not sure how true that is, but completely makes sense, because that’s what it feels like.

3 Likes

Actually, I should just encourage everyone to go on big thunder Mountain Railroad so that the seven dwarfs mine train line goes down.
And I’ve said again and again that I like big thunder Mountain Railroad, I just don’t think it’s as stunning as seven dwarfs mine train. The original princess movie versus breakneck broken Rail Road train. One screams Disney to me more than the other.

4 Likes

To me it’s not as much coaster as it is a dark ride with some speed. I love it it tells the story. I actually put it more along side splash than a coaster.

4 Likes

It is fun to hear you say it again and again, though! :wink:

2 Likes

Big thunder is a better coaster, but i love the theming of 7 Dwarfs.

5 Likes

And don’t forget the queue line. The queue is heads above BTMRR.

1 Like

will any of the above answers change if I mention that we have been to BTMRR in Disneyland Paris two years ago?

2 Likes