Big problem with David's Vacation & Owner

That sounds like an amazing trip! Is your reservation at Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek?

BRV. I have lots of character meal reservations too including CRT, artist point and fantastic at the HBD. I’m hoping we can make it. I’ve been planning this for a year. It will be our family’s first time.

2 Likes

I hope you make it too! My crazy son loves the fitness center at Boulder Ridge. Actually, I think it is the sauna that is the draw. I love the lobby of that building!

It sounds like you have worked hard over the last year to make some amazing plans!

1 Like

I got an email from David’s today that was sent to all renters that could be affected by the closures. They said they are offering a full credit (to be used within 15 months) to renters for any amounts paid that can’t be otherwise compensated. I think this is a great business decision (even if I’m not sure how they will afford it!) and certainly puts my mind at ease with my late May / early June rental coming up.

Now the only part of my vacation that may be non-refundable is my plane tickets. Hopefully I can modify them (with waived change fees?) when the situation gets clearer.

7 Likes

Out of interest, how many daily flights are happening right now in the US? I was about to be post saying if they cancel your flight they will surely have to refund or allow you to rebook, but then I remembered seeing that some planes are still flying.

Hopefully you’ll be able to change your flights if necessary though.

1 Like

You got this today? I am still waiting to hear about a rental that was supposed to start 4/2.

1 Like

Yes, I got the email this morning. I have not contacted them throughout this ordeal so maybe they only sent it to people with whom they haven’t already established communication? They also said in the email to only email them once, because each additional email creates more tracking headaches for their team (my words). So I would wait to hear back and hopefully everything will work out.

I’ve seen reports that some airlines are cutting up to 90% of their flights, but many of them are still running their highest traffic fights, albeit empty or mostly empty. I live in the flight path of the airport (thankfully no noise) and I still see airplanes coming in all day, but seemingly fewer than before, and more often I’ve noticed mail carrier planes rather than passenger.

So to answer your question, if we’re still under stay at home orders in June, I could see our flight being cancelled. It hasn’t been yet.

1 Like

I think this might be the article @Jeff_AZ was referring to

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/news/airlines-to-cut-summer-flights-up-to-90-25-with-rebound-far-off/ar-BB12kxc9

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I am hoping. I sent them an email to try and reschedule on 3/12. Have not heard anything since. I am trying real hard not to send another email.

1 Like

I hope your trip works out!. We love BRV, so quiet and peaceful, with a highly underrated pool complex and excellent room decor. My mother is obsessed with the Bambi pillows in the 1 and 2 bedroom units. We’ve only stayed in a studio there, but if we ever stay in a larger unit, she will pick one of the pillow up and take it to the lobby and ask how much to buy it.

3 Likes

Some details and a link of what they posted as of April 9th…

David’s Disney Vacation Club Rentals DVC Rentals
April 9 at 8:26 AM · Public
An Update for our Guests Impacted by the Disney Vacation Club Resort Closures:
We are issuing guests whose travel dates overlap the Disney Vacation Club Resort closures a Travel Credit through David’s Vacation Club Rentals.
We are finalizing with our legal partners and software engineers to develop the systems necessary to manage this situation and deliver the Travel Credit to you very soon.
At this time, we can share that this is what we are working on releasing:
• The Travel Credit will be equal to the paid dollar value of your original rental less any compensation you may have already received
• The Travel Credit is non-transferable
• The Travel Credit can be used for any service offered by David’s Vacation Club Rentals including but not limited to Point Rentals, Cash Bookings for rooms at Disney owned resorts, Disney Cruise Line Bookings, Adventure by Disney Bookings, Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines Bookings, or any other venue added at our discretion, based on availability
• The Travel Credit will be valid for 15 months from the date it is issued
We will be reaching out to guests soon to provide them with exact details about how the Credit works, the dollar value, how to redeem the Credit, and the terms and conditions.
We hope you have more news to share with you soon.

3 Likes

They’ve now said the vouchers will be issued starting April 16th. And will be valid for 2 years.

1 Like

Details Nickysyme is referring too…

A Timeline Update about the DVCR Travel Credit!

As previously announced, we are issuing guests whose travel dates overlap the Disney Vacation Club Resort closures a Travel Credit through David’s Vacation Club Rentals.

Starting Thursday April 16th, the Travel Credit system will be rolled out, and we’ll begin contacting our guests to provide them with the exact details about how the Credit works, the dollar value, how to redeem the Credit, and the terms and conditions.

Additionally, after listening to the feedback from our guests, we’ve extended the timeline for the travel credit; guests will have 24 months from the date of issue to redeem their Credit.

3 Likes

Honestly, I am very pleased with this response from David’s. It goes above and beyond my most liberal expectations.

4 Likes

Bravo to Dave’s. It is going to be a short term hit for them that will deliver long term benefits in customer loyalty.

2 Likes

I gave up a reservation that finally came through for Beach Club last week because I didn’t want to be out the full value if Disney is still closed at the time of our trip. I’m going to reach out and see if this will apply to my situation. Thanks for posting!!

1 Like

Update - I emailed earlier to see if it would apply to a future booking, explaining that I had a reservations last week but decided not to proceed with the uncertainty about refunds due to the pandemic. The email I received back said that it would apply to a new application so I went ahead and put it another application. I put a note in the comment section to confirm my earlier email with the other person about the credit. I received an email a couple hours later with the following:

I am reaching out to you in regards to your comment section on your reservation request.

The Travel Credit is being offered to guests who are currently being effected by the current COVID19 situation. Our policy when booking for future trips is our regular policy of, no cancellations, no modifications, all sales final policy.

At this time we are unsure as to how COVID-19 may continue to impact travel however, given the complexity of the DVC points system our current cancellation policies will remain in place.

Sigh. Back to square one.

1 Like

Email from earlier today from a different person:

Thank you for your email. This pandemic has resulted in Davids reviewing its policy regarding circumstances that result in the reservation no longer being available. We will be updating our website in the coming days with the new terms of the rental agreement. The Travel Credit will be available to guests who are affected by events as described as follows:

A Force Majeure is an event beyond the Intermediary’s reasonable control which renders performance of a rental reservation with respect to Owner’s rented points impossible or substantially impaired, including without limitation, acts of God, acts of government, embargoes, war, riot, epidemic, pandemic, natural disaster, governmental order restrictions and Disney Vacation Club closures or cancellation of reservations.

I hope this answers your question.

To start the reservation process with us you can complete the Reservation Request form at the link here:DVC Reservation Request Form | David's Vacation Club Rentals

1 Like

Wait until the new rental agreement is posted. The person dealing with your new request is quoting the “current” policy. I would pause for now but not give up.

2 Likes

Thanks. We will see what it says, but I may just book directly through Disney. For all the time I’ve spent trying to securing a a reservation I could have just worked a few extra hours and made up the difference in price.

2 Likes