Big News for Dining & FP

I have a Novemer trip that I will probably cancel now.

Had deluxe dining and great ADRs. This sucks.

4 Likes

I have one recovery package in August which I canā€™t reschedule and a bounceback in December which I just bought airline tickets for yesterday. Still processing. Itā€™s not pretty. Little did I know when I suggested earlier today they were trying to encourage cancelling free dining packages.

1 Like

Our ADR day is in two weeks, so on one hand Iā€™m relieved I can sleep in that morning, and on the other, Iā€™m cringing thinking how backed up/overloaded the system will be when they open it back up :grimacing:

4 Likes

So looks like i will be re doing my ADRs at 60 days instead of booking fast passes? Ugh oh well

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be interested to see what happens here. I think weā€™ll be canceling because of this.

3 Likes

Donā€™t know what to do. Just booked flights this morning for a November trip with DM. DM is convinced we should keep the trip in hopes that crowds will be so low due to reduced capacity and so many others cancelling that the loss of ADRs and FPP wonā€™t matter. Sheā€™s always a glass half full person. Meā€¦Iā€™m sick to my stomach and donā€™t know if I should try to cancel flights while Iā€™m still in my 24 hour window to get money back from SW or let this play out a little longer.

1 Like

I have the recovery package. The 35% is just on a future booking, not the trip you currently have booked. So, yeahā€¦full price room and tickets if you want to keep the booking. My TA explained it all to me tonight.

1 Like

I am ok with this as my recovery package starts on June 6. This is our 2nd cancelled trip due to the closure. I will push out the future booking with the discount as far out as possible.

2 Likes

Itā€™s so sad to say goodbye to the 27 person ADR I had at 50s Prime Time in October. The other ADRs we had donā€™t have the same emotional pull as that one had. It would have been so fun.

6 Likes

Did they give date parameters for ā€œfuture bookingsā€?

I have free dining for my August trip from a bounceback I booked in September. So I guess if I go on my trip where all my dining reservations and light saber and droid appointments will be cancelled, and can visit the park for limited hours, it will also be $2,000+ more expensive?

I think the most disappointing thing is they could contact persons with reservations in the month after opening BEFORE posting a blog post.

5 Likes

Can I just say that Disney and the bloggers reporting on Disney have thoroughly confused me today. Iā€™m cancelling my October trip tomorrow because Iā€™m not dealing with it. There are so many different dates and partial information flying around that I actually dread planning a trip. This just adds to the whole ordeal. We have our back up trip next May and I donā€™t want to plan it. If I didnā€™t have third party tickets I was stuck with I would forget the whole thing. Sorry just had to vent.

4 Likes

I am in the exact same boat. If you donā€™t mind about having the money tied up in travel funds, Southwest is extending the travel funds from all trips cancelled by Sept 7 until Sept 2022.
My original interpretation of that policy online was travel dates through Sept 7, however it was confirmed for me (by 3 separate service reps and a manager when I was working out another issue with a different flight over the past two days) that it was any travel dates booked as long as they are cancelled by Sept 7.
I was planning to just keep the flights as scheduled because they were a pretty decent price and then have some time to decide if itā€™s worth keeping or cancelling knowing if we cancel we can use the money for 2 years without losing it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s good to know Disneymom. I was under the impression that that policy was only for flights prior to Sept. 7. Iā€™m thankfully in a position where I can afford to have some money tied up in travel funds. I think my actual Disney mom :slightly_smiling_face: is going to be able to talk me off the ledge of cancelling yet again. At least until I see what the next few weeks/months bring.

1 Like

Well, thatā€™s just funny and made me laugh. Thanks for that!

OMG. Just seeing this. :exploding_head: Is it sad or hilarious or predictable that Iā€™m a little excited to see how this all rolls out?!? A new system to dismantle with our Liner tricks and sorcery!! :partying_face: :dizzy: Canā€™t wait for them to reveal more details and they are seriously making me kind of want to still take our July trip nowā€¦:flushed:

6 Likes

Welpā€¦if they wanted a low crowd soft reopening they probably just got oneā€¦making me rethink the DVC purchase we made last year

2 Likes

I thought the same which is why I asked it three separate times while calling about another issue. Each person confirmed that it will be extended as long as we cancel it before then. We also have a bunch of money tied up in SW travel funds, so I am just viewing it as an investment in our future travel/trips for me to plan down the road. Also, they said they are in the works to try to allow these travel funds to be converted to points, which would effectively make them not expire, so I am also on the lookout for that update.

1 Like

ā€œA whole new system to figure out the loopholes and how to best plan for our families! YAY! (not joking, kind of excited to see how all this works and my smart Liner friends figure out how to optimize)ā€

Yes, but how many hours have we spent studying and learning the previous systems? Having to start over is both exciting and devastating at the same time.

3 Likes

Checking our dates, August 16-19, I noticed that EMH hours are no longer showing on the Disney World calendar. However, MNSSHP is still showing? I wonder if they will really have it. We were really only planning two park days with hoppers. We have a few must-do rides in each park. If we could get tickets to MNSSHP, we could still make that happen with 3 park days and the party. Ugh! So much is up in the air right now. And cancelling is looking more and more like the best course of action. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Yes, in the announcement it said that all EMH have been removed. Honestly, I canā€™t imagine there being any special events for the foreseeable future.

2 Likes