Beyond Big Thunder Rumors

It is stunning.

3 Likes

Agree 100%!

2 Likes

Ummm Ryan, did you skip over Post #66???

1 Like

No. It was the reason I mentioned Aladdin!

2 Likes

Oh, gotcha. Morocco would be the perfect place for an Aladdin attraction!

Thought I would share this link here. The first episode is on Alladin rides!

1 Like

You and me both!

But I do think they should use the space in both Germany and Japan. Use the original ideas, even use an I P if they want. And use the chateau in Canada for something.

1 Like

They could have seats in the middle, like in shoe stores. So a group can sit all looking “out”.

My DS has worked on that kind of show. You can’t see all the projections, but the narration pulls everything together. So when it’s talking about the lakes with mountain backdrops, all the walls are showing different images relating to that.

Look up The Moonwalkers by Lightrooms, narrated by Tom Hanks and the Artemis crew.,Or the David Hockney one.

They have bleacher type seats at the back no of the room. And other people just sit or lie on the floor. Or stand.

They’ve updated the colours, the images etc. Like remastered.

The film itself is the same. But it is amazing, I love it.

2 Likes

Perfect? No.

Morocco is not in the Middle East, it’s in Africa.

And the movie felt more like it was in India.

But at this point I’ve given up on the Morocco pavilion. Even the updates like new signs didn’t get the Arabic correct. And rally driving? Instead of g the informative displays. No attempt to explain the rooms of the house etc. 100% dumbed down. It’s as if they don’t care anymore. And that’s sad.

In general I wish they had information points around WS. Every pavilion has replicas of real structures. Why not have an interactive exhibit which would explain the background?

4 Likes

They do the Jasmine and Aladdin meet and greets in Morocco, so Disney already has placed IP there.

3 Likes

They do have this somewhat. I was just reading one they have in Japan, for example, about the building with 5 tiers and what it means. But I don’t think there are enough…and the ones that are there are easily overlooked.

2 Likes

Maybe. But I spend the entirety of the films literally constantly turning around to see the views in all directions. Sitting would limit that severely. It also is what makes the films rewatchable…because I can’t take it all in, I will see things new each time.

I have heard that DHS may actually come before MK. MK needs a lot more prep work than the other parks to expand it. Remember, MK is essentially built on the second floor over the whole Utilidor system. The land behind BTM needs a lot of prep to convert it from swampland to useable space, so while
MK may be greenlit/announced first, it’s possible that rumored DHS expansions actually open first.

5 Likes

I kinda think some benches along the wall might be good. My sister gets motion sick in the 360 theaters, standing at the rail. She never moves to the center.

But she likes the movies so she puts up with some - usually temporary - icky feeling.

2 Likes

But nothing about the water arch which is a true replica.

Or the minaret tower, the tea rooms and 3-in-1 pub in UK, the Germany and Italy buildings and carvings, the 4 different towns represented in Norway, the chateau and gardens in Canada, the temple in China.

The only one I can think of is the Stave church.

1 Like

I think it’s more than 50% likely. Razing Launch Bay plus any admin buildings won’t take long, and then they could simply get going.

In contrast if you think of the prep work for Tron, and then take into account filling in some of RoA before they can even prep the ground……

4 Likes

If you have padded flat surfaces to sit on, not actual seats with a back to them and arm rests, you can face any direction you like each time.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. Like I said, they need more. I was just pointing out that they didn’t have SOME. More would be better!

Maybe they can offer limited seating. I definitely prefer standing!

1 Like

What does “IP” stand for on this forum? I could not find it in the acronyms thread. I am only familiar with it as an acronym for Internet Protocol.

2 Likes