Best way to get to park from Royal Pacific

We are staying for 2 nights at Royal Pacific from Dec 22 to Dec 24. What is the best way to get to the 3 parks from RP hotel? Walk? Water Taxi or Shuttle?

1 Like

To Volcano Bay you need to take the bus. For US and IoA I prefer to walk but the water shuttle is always a great option.

5 Likes

Walking (pretty short) will bring you to near the entrance to Islands. The Water Taxi will bring you to near the center of CityWalk and closer to the Studios entrance.

Busing from there to the parks isn’t great because you get dropped off on the other side of CityWalk and then have to go through security and walk through CityWalk.

6 Likes

You can also walk to VB by following the garden path to Cabana Bay and using the resort entrance next to the towers.

I love the garden path and use that more often than not, but the water taxi is lovely too.

2 Likes

how short is the walk?

So is the preference?

• Walk to IOA from RP hotel
  • Water Taxi to US
  • Bus to VB

10 minutes at most. And a few more minutes to Studios. Walking is probably still quicker to Studios than waiting for the boat, unless your timing is perfect.

4 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I preferred the water taxi from RP to the dry parks. Not because it was quicker, but because we enjoyed it. Plus, you don’t do any backtracking when taking the boat.

2 Likes

We always walk to the parks in the morning from RPR, even to Studios. We haven’t often timed the boats right and we enjoy the garden walk. That said, we often will take the boat back to the hotel, especially coming from studios because it gives our legs a break.

3 Likes

I’d walk to all of 'em personally. Or take the boat if I’m tired for the main two parks. You can bus to Volcano Bay as well but if you can walk to Cabana Bay you can take the back entrance to VB.

2 Likes

Also, I’ve made a note to myself that if we stay at RP again to request floor 2 near the dock. The lobby is floor 3 and dock is floor 1. We’d stayed near the dock but on a higher floor (5?), and I wished we could have just taken the stairs but we were too high.

4 Likes

I love the walk, but I’ll aways take a water taxi! Every step counts, especially in the heat. I’m here today and it’s full sun and 80°+!

4 Likes

Your reason for preferring 2nd floor is so you can get to the dock quickly I assume?
Any other tips on hotel floors?

1 Like

Try to stay in tower 1 and walk! It is under 10 minutes and has it’s own security post by margaritaville. Perfect for rope drop. We usually took the boat back, especially from USF. It’s pretty easy to walk back from IoA, though.

We are rope droppers for Hagrids/velocicoaster. So walking always made more sense. It’s too much of gamble that there won’t be a long line for the boat or that the boat will have just left and you have to wait for it to come back.

4 Likes

For reference:

3 Likes

I would walk to both IoA and USF if you are in a hurry or are going at peak times. If your timing is flexible or you want to save your feet, use the water taxi. I would bus to VB.

4 Likes

Yes, get to the dock quickly and without waiting for the elevators.

It was at RP that I figured out we didn’t care about the view. I done all sorts of research to figure out how to minimize our walking and maximize the view. I got precisely what I wanted. We opened the curtains, admired the view then closed the curtains never to open them again. We are only sleep in the room people.

We always walked from RPR to both parks— one night, I took the water taxi back and husband took the walking path. He beat me by quite a bit. I just find that there’s not as many water taxis or they aren’t as frequent for RPR as for Portofino.

I always take the water taxi from Portofino. I find the security line on that side, by hard rock, gets backed up in the morning. We never experienced a backed up security line on the walking path from Royal Pacific, however :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Is there a way to request a room like we do for WDW? I’m staying at the Royal Pacific also 2 nights 12/18-12/20 :raised_hands:

2 Likes

There is. I’d had a TA though. I normally don’t use a TA, but she helped me get the passholder price when it came out. Then took care of the room selections.

2 Likes