Best sushi?

where does everyone recommend for sushi? It will be our only indoor dining so we need to choose wisely! It will be me and my 12 year old (loves sushi)

1 Like

Teppan Edo was the best we had, even though it is mostly a hibachi restaurant

California Grill was a close second

Thank you!

1 Like

I love the sushi at California Grill.

2 Likes

People actually rave about the sushi at Splitsville, of all places.

The sushi at Cali Grill was the best I have ever had.

4 Likes

What about Kimonos?

2 Likes

Oh right! Kimonos gets high marks. Never have been there.

1 Like

Kimonos does not take reservations though. I called and asked. Not saying not to go there but it’s just walk up only. I am debating myself b/w Kimonos and Teppan Edo in case the kids want to join us that don’t eat sushi.

1 Like

If you just want lots of sushi choices I would choose Kimonos…compare:
Teppan Edo:

Kimonos:

California Grill:

3 Likes

Kimonos is the cheapest with the widest variety of choices.:
https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/menus/pdf/kimonos-dinner.pdf

1 Like

Splitsville

4 Likes

Thanks everyone! Sounds like great options! Will see how the ADR’s go! Nice to know Kimonos would give us some flexibility.

Ok, I’m intrigued. Is it good sushi in general or just surprisingly good for a bowling alley?!?

We ate at Kimokos Jan 2020 and it was fabulous! Not sure if they’re doing karaoke now, but it was super fun. Such a great memory, we don’t want to even touch it right now in Covid times (if that makes sense?). If I knew it would be the same experience, I 100% would go again. But we are trying hard not to compare our Covid trip to our prior one.

So this next trip we are trying Morimoto, Seito (we’ll have a car), and maybe Teppan Edo. My kids love sushi.

We’re doing Morimoto without the kids for DH’s birthday so we can splurge on chef’s sushi selections.

I think it’s good in general.

Clarification: I think people mean that it’s good in general. I have never personally been.

1 Like

Don’t forget about the Frushi

3 Likes

That is a must try! Thanks!

2 Likes

Another vote for CG.

2 Likes

Kimonos at the Swan is great. Not sure of their current status

Open but not taking reservations per my call. I don’t know about Karaoke though…I didn’t ask as I would not have gone that late anyway.

+1 vote for Splitsville

As weird as it sounds, it’s the freshest we’ve had on property and it’s a must do every trip.

Granted, I didn’t do sushi at CG and I wasn’t super impressed with TE. Morimoto opened after our last trip so I can’t comment.

Both! Plus the drinks were really fun as well. It’s a place that DH, DS12 and I all request, both in WDW and DLR. Top 3 favorite sushi ever, not just on properties. That being said, it’s a personal favorite for us, but tastes vary.

2 Likes