Best snacks to try

My wife has celiac, so I know what you are going through.

1 Like

Peter Pan float!

6 Likes

Even if one isn’t gluten-free and allergic to peanuts (although half my family is in the latter case), why waste calories on vanilla? Vanilla. I mean, as a supplement to other flavors, fine. But vanilla is so…vanilla. The flavor is used as a synonym for being hum-drum, plain, nothing special. Because that’s what it is. (ALTHOUGH, vanilla-scented candles are da bomb!)

I always say if there’s no chocolate in the ice cream, there’s simply no point in eating it. And yet, every once in a while someone has the audacity to disagree with me! How incredibly short-sighted of them! :wink:

1 Like

My point was, the whole thing about Ample Hills is their emphasis on creative flavors.

Creative flavors which people who are gluten-free and/or allergic to peanuts cannot take advantage of. Ergo, it’s not worth the calories or money on plain flavors - vanilla or chocolate (or strawberry or any other non-special flavor).

(I actually love chocolate…just not as ice cream.)

3 Likes

I love creative flavors. As long as chocolate is involved.

One of my favorite ice creams right now is a Cherry Cordial that Kroger sells under their Private Selection label.

So, if Ample Hills sells anything akin to that, I’m in! :slight_smile:

BTW, if you were ever in my neck of the woods, I’d bake up an absolutely delicious gluten-free/nut free/peanut free (and if necessary, dairy-free!) cheesecake for you. I’m very familiar with gluten free baking. For our son’s wedding, the father of the bride has celiac, so I baked several gluten-free options including a Chocolate Cookie Crumble cheesecake to serve at the reception.

6 Likes

I’m with you on that one. I love chocolate but chocolate flavoured things (even if the flavour comes from actual chocolate and isn’t synthetic) are a no for me. My sister is the opposite when it comes to strawberries. Hates the actual fruit but loves anything made from the fruit. The human brain never ceases to amaze

2 Likes

Salted caramel ice cream, no chocolate needed.
But I do love my Sanders Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels from Costco.

2 Likes

I see those at My Costco clearanced out for $1.97 3 times per year.

AH doesn’t do well in the food allergies area-only non-dairy available there looks like a sorbet. Blah. Not my thing.

1 Like

That is how I made them for my sons after wisdom teeth were pulled!

What is in this? And where is it from?

At HS in my opinion the cookies and cream funnel cake is super good at oasis canteen

Storybook Treats in Fantasyland. It’s key lime ice cream, sprite, and a chocolate feather.

1 Like

That sounds amazing!

It was very delicious and refreshing in August when we went! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooh, this is good to know. I can’t do dairy and have been wanting to go to AH in hopes to try some yumminess. Guess we’ll have to go somewhere else!

I I find this website helpful. https://vegandisneyworld.com/ Obviously, would be more extensive restrictions than you’d be interested in, but might lead you to dairy free treats!

For those curious… Some info about the gluten-free beignets at POFQ!

Sadly the gluten-free ones are not Mickey-shaped, but…

• When they have pumpkin spice beignets happening, they CAN do the gluten-free ones with pumpkin spice!
  • The gluten-free beignets are vegan and therefore are dairy-free also.
  • They can do the beignet sundae with gluten-free beignets

So that’s some awesomeness!

3 Likes

DHS: pop tarts

2 Likes