Best snacks to try

I was disappointed by the ghiradelis sundae I had in Monterrey on my honeymoon. I’ve heard Ample Hills is the best also (that short walk sounds appealing).

I plan on trying Les (ummm whatever) in France and that peanut butter sundae at the Plaza. I’m an ice cream addict. Generally, I only allow myself frozen yogurt anymore, but I’m making an exception for this trip. Lol.

3 Likes

I do love the sundaes there.

3 Likes

I think I was just disappointed when it didn’t live up to my expectations (which were inflated by all the pre-opening hype). It’s basically just a more expensive Marble Slab Creamery. Which is still very good, but far from the life altering experience all the hype led me to expect.

2 Likes

Apart from ice cream, I love a good chocolate shake. But seriously. Why is it that most people make a chocolate shake by using VANILLA ice cream and then adding chocolate syrup? That’s not enough chocolate to be a GOOD chocolate shake.

When I was at King’s Island years ago, I went into the ice cream place to order a chocolate shake and had to explicitly request they make it with chocolate ice cream PLUS the syrup. It was absolutely delicious that way.

3 Likes

If you’re within half a mile of the international Gateway, OR any of the boat stops along the EP - DHS path, Ample Hills is a must.
I call it “The Truth.”

In November, I’ll give everyone a comparison of AH, The Fountain at Swolphin, and Les Whatever in France.

Ample Hills tho - yeah, buddy.

3 Likes

So, what you’re saying is, it’s pretty decent? :wink:

1 Like

Compared to all the places throughout WDW, that are slinging the same old Edy’s product, A.H. is freekin good. It’s real deal ingredients, you can tell. I normally tell ppl that if you go, don’t bother getting anything from the Boardwalk Bakery next door, because you’ll wish you had just gotten more ice cream instead. I’m not really even a huge ice cream fan because of tummy issues, but, gut be damned, A.H. is a must.

3 Likes

Easy now. This is an ice cream fight. Let’s leave my go-to breakfast and snack spot out of it.

4 Likes

We had some of this on recommendation of our friends who live in Florida and go all the time. It was very tasty and huge.

We also always have citrus swirl in MK. So delicious

Alright, I am SOOOO disappointed in this thread. We have gone the whole thread about snacks, and not ONCE mentioned the BEST snack in all of WDW. Hands down the CRONUT in Canada Pavillion in EPCOT.

I just feel as though the Cronut, in all of its cinnamon glory, doesn’t get the respect it deserves.

The Cronut. It’s the snack we need right now, but not the one we deserve.

I wanted to get the kitchen sink last time, but will make it a point this next time.

I liked the DW as well, but it gets lots of publicity. Of course, there’s the Kakigori in Japan, but it’s just shaved ice with a milk topping. There’s the funnel cake in USA pavilion.

I’m telling you though. I can’t ring the bell enough for the Cronut. Seriously, I’m getting like 15 of those when I go back.

5 Likes

I need to try the cronut! I don’t snack enough, I need to try harder.

4 Likes

I could really go for some ice cream right now…

4 Likes

I’m sorry, I should have been much more specific…
Boardwalk Bakery is absolute garbage, don’t even look in the windows.

I’M JUST KIDDING - Behave!

What I really meant to say was this:
We got three different flavors of ice cream, and then went next door to the bakery and got a choc chip cookie, and one of the best looking mini fruit tarts I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t resist. I’m a sucker for a giant chocolate chip cookie, and the fruit tart was an attempt to be healthy :rofl:

The cookie and tart both had no flavor compared to the ice creams. But…well…
We ate everything.

3 Likes

You could really go for a Cronut right now, you just don’t know it.

3 Likes

My favorite.

1 Like

Yeah! The Dole Whip with dark rum at Tamu Tamu Refreshments. Or is that not what you meant?

1 Like

Totally valid. It’s on our list. My hubby is a big donut fan.

1 Like

Well, it’s not really a donut. It’s kind of a cross between a doughnut and a croissant. And it has cinnamon goodness all on it. When I got mine, we were walking with strollers to stake out a place for the fireworks in EPCOT. I was pushing with one hand and holding the plate with the Cronut in the other. By the time we got to the US Pavilion, I had already eaten the whole thing without even touching it with my hands once. I just couldn’t wait.

1 Like

My biggest issue with Ample Hills is every time I try to go (there is one close to me), my only option as someone gluten-free and allergic to peanuts is boring vanilla. I am not wasting calories on vanilla.

1 Like

I haven’t seen it mentioned here, and I’m not sure if you’d list it in the snack category, but if you ever get the chance to try the bread & butter pudding at Raglan Road you won’t be disappointed.

4 Likes