Best Savory and sweet snack in each park

I didn’t realize it had raisins in it. I had half a mind to try one someday, but now I will be giving them a wide berth.

2 Likes

It did in 2019, I can’t say now.

1 Like

I honestly don’t recall noticing them? Maybe they were the golden raisins?

Easy to pick around

2 Likes

The carrot cake recipe that was my mother’s, and VERY similar to what Paula Deans is (except, we add pineapple and use 2 Tbsp of cinnamon, not 2 Tsp) is absolutely the best I’ve ever had, bar-none.

As such, I’ve been nervous to try the carrot cake cookie for fear the hype is better than the reality. On top of that, the red velvet cake cookie (and I generally love red velvet) was just ho-hum.

(And, I agree with @missoverexcited that no self-respecting carrot cake…or cookie for that matter…should have raisins in it…a hard no for me if it does.)

Anyhow, back to the original question.

We LOVED LOVED LOVED the stuffed pretzels at MK (but they are only SOMETIMES available). One is savory (jalepeno), one is sweet (cinnamon). Get one of each!

At EP, the best sweet treat is the School Bread. I don’t really have a favorite savory item there (at least, not yet).

At AK, the best sweet is the lumpia from Pongu Pongu. BUT, it must be eaten fresh. We tried to save one for later, and it wasn’t nearly as good that way. Again, not sure about savory.

At HS, at this point, I’d probably go with the spiked Blue Milk for the sweet. It was really tasty and refreshing. (I didn’t try the non-spiked variety.)

3 Likes

A thread with “snack” in the title was basically destined to turn weird! :joy:

10 Likes

I don’t think the HS Carrot Cake has raisins in it? I think it’s pieces of candied carrot? There’s definitely something “solid” in there but I’m almost sure it’s not raisins. (that sounds way grosser than I mean it but…there it is)

I’m terrible from figuring out if something is savory so I abstain…

EDIT: i also looked at my “unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook” and it has nothing about raisins in it. It does, however, call for walnuts, carrots, and coconut. Given this type of book is only successful if it can get a good approximation of the actual dish in the parks, I’d say it’s fairly accurate.

2 Likes

i will endevor to try both
where can i find said wookiecookie

1 Like

Backlot Express. $6.29 (oof!)

2 Likes

Raisins, in place of chocolate, is criminal.
Raisins, in a cake with carrots, seem wholly acceptable…

4 Likes

Canadian?

4 Likes

Sadly no. That’s in 100% American Freedom Dollars. :sob:

3 Likes

But chocolate in place of raisins is perfectly fine! (I make my oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips instead of raisins…I won’t even bother eating them if they have raisins.)

Well, you have been wrong about movies, so it shouldn’t surprise me you are wrong about this as well! :laughing:

2 Likes

Carrot cake is my favorite and often my requested birthday cake. The cookie doesn’t rate against homemade cake, but if you look at it more as a carrot cake inspired whoopie pie (which is really a better descriptor than cookie) then it’s a pretty good snack.

4 Likes

That’s an upcharge.

Your overconfidence is charming.

2 Likes

slow your roll there Mr “i love the Last Jedi”

Glass houses, stones, etc etc

3 Likes

6 Likes

The glass house I have is as strong as the glass on a Cybertruck.

3 Likes

oh you poor soul. When Chocolate is always an option…

*she

4 Likes

@ryan1 I think they have the stuffed pretzels at HS as well - outside RNRC. I wonder, are they the same? :thinking: I have this pretzel cart on my TP for DD19.

@bethro23 I can think of all kinds of lovely savory snacks at DLR … but nothing is coming to mind at WDW!

Sweet … I loved the I Lava You float at MK. I love pretty much any pastry from the little French pastry shop in Epcot. (School bread was just meh for me.) A Dole Whip with rum would be my first choice in AK. And in HS … I don’t love any of those cookies. They’re just okay. So I’m not help at all!

2 Likes