Best Savory and sweet snack in each park

So you’re clunking your head with your own stones. That tracks…

I would not shed a single tear if I could never eat chocolate again. But I would miss brownies. And a few candies. One of which is raisinettes which I’m sure most of you hate :rofl:

3 Likes

I absolutely LOVE chocolate (the darker the better)…but I’m with you on the (right) carrot cake over chocolate cake for a birthday! (But…I wouldn’t turn down a chocolate cake either!)

2 Likes

This is accurate. Usually one of the few places with the Sweet Cream ones. Jalepno, however, is more rare and I can only reliably find it on the Board Walk at that outside bar. I forget the name, though

Wow…who hurt you?

4 Likes

Wait wait. What? This is intelligence info I need!

1 Like

When my dad died (already a sad story) friends from far and wide decended in support with many bringing foods. As I cried myself to sleep one night between the calling hours and funeral, I slightly comforted myself knowing that in the morning I was going to eat a huge piece of that lovely chocolate cake I saw. (It was 1997. I was 25.)

I literally made it through my shower and such thinking about that cake.

I went to cut myself a slice.
It was fruit cake.

Fruit cake.

My father was DEAD. Suddenly dead. My world had fallen completely apart. And some jerk face scum bag dirt wad brought FRUIT CAKE. I was so hurt.
Twenty five years later and I still get ragey thinking about it.

11 Likes

Same. Actually Raisinettes are one of my favorite ways to eat chocolate. I wouldn’t really miss brownies. But I might miss … the occasional Snickers fun size? I don’t know. I can do without it, honestly. But I cannot do without CAKE!! Just not chocolate cake. :wink: @Randall1028 and I are no longer friends …

1 Like

:woman_shrugging:

That is truly sad. Chocolate cake is not my favorite, but fruit cake is icky. I would be ragey (even 25 years later) too!

2 Likes

This is quite possibly the saddest story I’ve ever read! (Okay. Not really, but I’m with you…who brings FRUIT CAKE to ANYONE?)

5 Likes

what in the…

I can only assume restitution was deployed in the form of a Liam Neeson-type character who had a particular set of skills?

5 Likes

My mom requests carrot cake almost every year.
DH my chocolate mayo cake with chocolate on the choclate.
Kid one - something lemon
Kid two - DH’s style
Kid three - random. Pies. Cakes. Keeps me on my toes.
Kid four - Something fruity and cold
Kid five - lemon
Kid six is 9 and has no trend yet

The last few years I have requested hummingbird cake that the OP first recommended to me (see how I can bring even a wayward post back on topic - thanks @bethro23 )

8 Likes

That’s ok. We can hang out with our cats and eat all the non chocolate goodies together.

3 Likes

Terrorists.

And my Aunt Rose. Who isn’t quite “all there”… but we love her anyway.

5 Likes

What an asshole.

4 Likes

Hummingbird cake is delicious! I went through a coconut cake phase too, but our favorite bakery was sold and they just don’t make it like they used to.

3 Likes

You say this like i DIDN’T just dodge a bullet?

2 Likes

Canadians

I think I have a script idea for my son’s next film.
I think I MAY have hurt some relatives feelings in retrospect.
I’d have slain them with a cake knife if they’d made the mistake of admitting it that morning.

3 Likes

I meant that YOU would be unfriending ME after saying I don’t really care about chocolate. So yes, you are dodging the bullet. :joy:

2 Likes

OHHHH no i don’t de-friend someone over that

…no I admit them to the closest psychiatric facility to help them.

I’m a helper.

5 Likes