Best Resorts with a Car

So I have chosen my hotels for my 2021 trip, but I still need to keep my options open in case my DVC rental doesn’t go through. I will have a rental car and so I was curious, which Disney resorts are most convenient with a rental car?

Specifically I’m looking for a resort where you can park close to your room, but if you have other considerations, please share those as well.

This could be a value, moderate, or deluxe resort. Please specify which section of the resort is best (i.e. Gran Destino Tower, etc.).

Thanks in advance!

I have always been a fan of CRB - (Trinidad) for many reasons - one of them is you park your car right outside your door.

I prefer outside door rooms also because interior halls are echo chambers for anyone in them in the middle of the night.

1 Like

OKW for sure

1 Like

AKL - Kidani can be good, but it depends how close to the elevator your room is. Parking is under the building.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I think I’ve heard this before but I always forget, and you can’t see it on google maps for obvious reasons!

1 Like

And, if I recall correctly, parking wasn’t too bad at Gran Destino. My husband usually walked to get the car since we had 3 kids and a double stroller to deal with, but the walk wasn’t far.

1 Like

And not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know if you choose to valet, is the $33 above and beyond what you are already paying for nightly parking? Or am I just looking at an $8 dollar difference per night at a deluxe (plus tips, of course)?

And how would that apply at a DVC resort since parking is free? Thanks!!

1 Like

OKW, SSR, Kidani (was down the hall and down a few flights when I stayed there), POR (Magnolia- standard view), some CSR lots are close.

1 Like

Just the $8.

Love valet

2 Likes

Our closest have been OKW, 2 bdrm on the golf course & near the check in bldg (no idea of names).

POR in a Royal Room.

Worst: Wilderness Lodge - the self parking lot goes downhill from the buildings.

Boardwalk - self parking is past the tennis courts.

No memory of SSR. Or YC. We didn’t use BC parking.

CBR was ok, Jamaica, bldg 42, I think. Not as good as Royal Rooms, POR.

lol - just remembered Ft Wilderness - that was hands down the handiest !

1 Like

That one seems perfect if you have a car but awful transportation wise if you don’t!

1 Like

Wasn’t that in the title of the thread, though?

1 Like

We did the car and golf car thing and it was great! But yes, it would have been pretty awful if we had to rely on the internal busses.

2 Likes

We usually used Disney transport. One trip we brought our own bikes. FW is awesome for bike riding. At the Marina (MK) most just dropped their bikes. At the Outpost we felt a lock was more necessary.

Another trip we rented a golf cart, which takes the interior bus out of the equation. But does need to be plugged in. This was a December trip, so we had Christmas decor for the Wilderness home and cart.

eta: one of our all time favorite bus memories is from an internal bus at FW. Three girls - about 9 or 10 - were singing something so well. We all got to chatting with them. One girl was named Lora, which prompted DD name the 3 Lora and the Lorakeets. (You probably had to be there)

1 Like

You can park a car right next to your cabin at the Wilderness Cabins… whatever they’re called lol

1 Like

Ha! Yes, I didn’t mean to invalidate her suggestion.

That said, even if a resort works well with a car, it’s also nice to have alternative transportation option in case you don’t want to drive. Especially if you’re going to MK.

1 Like

Especially. :wink:

1 Like

I have wondered if the bus times in the app works for the internal buses.

1 Like

The buses sucked at the cabins! We ended up driving our car to all the parks when we stayed there.

1 Like

I guess I could have led w/ that :rofl:

1 Like