Best makeup for WDW

Hey all, I’m heading to WDW with my DSis and DBiL at the end of April. I have no idea what the weather will be like, but I’m expecting hot so that I can be pleasantly surprised if not. What’s the best face and eye makeup (i.e. concealer, powder, eyeliner, mascara, etc) that you guys have used at the Parks? Also any tips for taming lots of wavy hair? @Dreamer thinking of you in particular, have lurked on a few of your trips reports and both you and your daughter always look picture perfect! Would love to know your secrets :laughing:

2 Likes

Urban Decay setting spray. Seriously amazing.

And thank you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

So you just use your normal everyday makeup and then spray that over it before hitting the FL humidity?

2 Likes

I also use urban decay eye shadow primer and Smashbox face primer. And then my regular makeup.

5 Likes

Second that.

For hair I used Tresemme’s Silky and Smooth. It wasn’t always 100% spot on, but it was at least manageable, if not great.

I had tried to buy a bunch of different brands to try out there for makeup and I wasn’t thrilled with most of it. That being said, my two favorites are Kylie Jenner’s line and Dior. Never powder (but I never reapply)Those were the two I had the most luck with if I didn’t have the Urban Decay setting spray.

I took a leap this last trip and went bare for most of it. I loved it so much, I’m doing it at home now too.

3 Likes

I’ve been ditching foundation and powder for awhile (well since the pandemic began). It makes mornings easier.

3 Likes

I used to be a pro at makeup, but ever since the pandemic I’ve barely been wearing it and I feel like I’ve forgotten how to do almost everything. Wish I had the confidence to rock the bare look, but am afraid I would feel naked the whole time without at least the basics on :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I probably couldn’t go anywhere without mascara at least.

1 Like

:smirk:

7 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face:

Viva Las Vegas.

4 Likes

None. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I cannot stand how my face feels with makeup on. It’s like I’m suffocating. I wash it off as soon as I can on those occasions I have to wear it.

Blech.

7 Likes

That’s me. It makes me itch.

3 Likes

I’m a fan of Bare Minerals powder foundation. My skin seems to actually like the minerals - it’s in better shape after wearing the foundation than it is when I skip makeup altogether. The SPF 15 is helpful, too. I’m no makeup expert, though!

1 Like

I don’t love how makeup feels, especially eye makeup after hardly wearing it for 2 years. But I also have the skin of someone half my age (which isn’t such a fun thing when you’re 30 lol). So I feel like I have to cover with at least concealer and powder. And I feel like a naked mole rat without eyeliner and/or mascara :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Agreed. The rare times I have worn makeup (probably ~20x in over 50 years), it ends up all over me, I rub my eyes and look like a raccoon, and look like a 6yo playing dress up.

Dh often says he lucked out with me being so low maintenance. :rofl:

4 Likes

I pretty much only wear mascara and lipstick, if that. The best mascara in the heat is a tube style one. LOreal double extend is great, but if you don’t completely cover the white primer with the black mascara your lashes look a little weird. I’m currently using Cover Girl Fibers and it’s similar, but 1 coat and I hate the brush on it so I won’t buy it again. The tube mascara essentially acts like waterproof through tears and sweat, doesn’t flake off, but easily comes off with warm water when you wash your face.

2 Likes

+1 for the urban decay setting spray and eye shadow primer. I usually just lurk on here but a makeup question got me! Also the urban decay 24/7 eyeliner and hourglass tubing mascara are great.

5 Likes

Yes to the eyeliner. I’m thinking I need to try one of the tubing mascaras.

2 Likes