Best makeup for WDW

At the risk of sounding ignorant, doesn’t all mascara come in a tube with a brush applicator? How else would one package it?

4 Likes

:rofl: tube style mascara actual creates little tubes of mascara around your lashes versus just painting pigment on with standard mascara. All come in the same tube shape and applied with a brush the same way, it’s just the difference in formulas as to how it sticks to your lashes.

4 Likes

Well whaddaya know

4 Likes

Tube mascara is a definite game changer.

2 Likes

This is a whole new world to me. How can you tell whether your mascara is tube style or not?

2 Likes

Generally I only wear a tinted BB/ CC cream if I need more coverage, liking a Loreal one right as I can’t find my no.9 one anymore. If not, it’s straight Cerve moisturizing sunscreen. I use maybelline baby skin (used to be baby face) on the pores and wrinkles. This stuff is amazing! I use a black brown mascara, yellow gold tube, forgot name, but would switch to a water proof for parks. I don’t like a lot of makeup. Some times I’ll do my eyes up if I’m doing a lot of pics. Thats about it. If I’m getting redness, I’ll use a green balancer cream.
No.9 is fav for the summer down here but I wear makeup so little, I generally have to throw away almost full containers. It does stay on well though.

4 Likes

I have looked up lists of the best tubing mascara and picked from there usually. Some key words are extend/extension, smudgeproof, and may include the words fibers and that it comes off easily with warm water. I will admit it’s a little creepy when you wash your face and see little black fibers in the sink, but it really comes off super easily with just warm water.

3 Likes

Same. I will usually wear make up for a proper night out, that’s enough.

1 Like

I’m 47 and also have the skin of someone half your age. I will use concealer on any particularly unsightly blemishes, depending where I’m going and how many people will get a good look.

2 Likes

Same. I so rarely wear makeup that on the rare occasion I do wear it, most of what I have is all dried up and has to be thrown away. I know for a fact that my Too Faced Natural Eye shadow palette is older than my DS, who is about to be 7. :rofl:

6 Likes

Definitely

Zinc Oxide:

Covers blemishes nicely while providing UPF 1000+! :wink:

11 Likes

And also, who decided that women’s faces need to be fixed before they go out into the world?

8 Likes

Women probably :expressionless:

5 Likes

My DSis and I were talking about this the other day, and also saying if we hadn’t been raised thinking that various things (wearing makeup, shaving legs, etc.) were “required” it’s entirely possible we never would have done them. What a simpler life that would be lol

5 Likes

Ha! I think this is probably truth (at least, a good percentage of the time).

Same with coloring hair. I’ve told my wife that I don’t think she should color her hair. If it turns gray, let it! It is a symbol of age and wisdom, and I think it is looks beautiful that way. And her response seems to be, “No way!” :slight_smile:

(So far, she hasn’t NEEDED to color it from her perspective, but there are gray/silver hairs coming in from time to time now she seems to be dismayed at!)

1 Like

I am about as low maintenance as they come.
I don’t get nails done except for special occasion.
Great Clips is plenty good enough for me (and suits my “when I feel like it” schedule)
I don’t color my hair (and actually get a lot of compliments on how my gray has come in)
I’m not into shoes or bags
I hate shopping
I have quit makeup except for special occasions.
I’ll never have surgical enhancement of any kind.

And I still think I’m cute most of the time without all that stuff.

8 Likes

Ditto everything you said. I’m not quite 40 yet and I’ve always had some grey hairs. I’m working on a nice lighting streak right now if the middle fills in. I wish I could be brave enough to completely give up shaving, but I’m not there yet. At least incases where people would even notice.

1 Like

Following up: I have absolutely NO judgment or negative thoughts/feelings/etc about people who do those things. We all have to do what makes us feel our best! Just like some people don’t care for AK (crazies!) I don’t care for all that stuff, but some people love EP (meh) and I don’t!

5 Likes

I wanted this to work for me SO BADLY but it gave me a rash. Turns out I’m allergic to bismuth, which is a main ingredient (sidebar for anybody else with this experience - do not, under any circumstances, take pepto bismol, which also contains it. The rash I got was indescribable, I was a hideous monster for more than a week)

3 Likes