Best Grocery Delivery Service

Which grocery service do you recommend ordering from to deliver groceries to WDW hotels? Specifically I will be in various DVC villas. I don’t mind paying a small premium but am hoping for good variety of products and reasonable price.

Thanks in advance!

5 Likes

We’re headed there tomorrow and put in a Walmart pick up order and coordinated with the Disney furloughed group (forgot the name we found them on FB). They will pick up as an alternative pick up person and deliver to bell hop. $20 delivery fee and maybe a tip. Feels like a small way to think of them!

3 Likes

Ear to Each Other on FB?

1 Like

Instacart and Publix grocer might be a good option for high quality produce.

The Facebook group is Ear for each Other, although many of the CMs have been called back recently.

I know a lot of people like Walmart or other delivery services. I support small businesses and order from Garden Grocer. There is a small mark up on items (some more than others) a $14 delivery charge - but they will deliver beer and wine and leave with bell services. I order 60 days out for the 10% discount but I think there is a 5% at 30 days?

5 Likes

Oh good thoughts on supporting a local business. Instacart support local workers. I know a lot of unemployed in FL are delivering for grub hub and instacart. Whenever we use them we tip well.

How does instacart pay their workers? Is it a flat fee and the larger company gets a piece?

I really don’t know the answer to that. But I do know that groceries are marked up. And if I tip them directly upon delivery they get to keep all of it. So while it might be convenient to add a tip to the order I want to make sure the person gets it.

Any thoughts on AmazonFresh?

I’ve never used it but a good friend in UT loves it.

1 Like

This guy in this forum that I’m on recommends using a car service that will stop at the grocery store for 30 minutes complementary included with the price of the transfer :smirk::wink:

2 Likes

Try Quicksilver Tours. @Jeff_AZ really likes them.

What will replace DME? - #34 by Jeff_AZ

1 Like

Happy Limo will stop too and there is usually a discount code on MouseSavers

3 Likes

I will be taking Quicksilver from WDW to UOR but I will be taking DME from MCO and back. So I don’t get the free grocery stop, unfortunately.

1 Like

Details, details …

:wink:

To answer, then, we have always used Garden Grocer and have always been 100% happy with them.

3 Likes

We used Dizzy Dolphin because it was a local business and it allowed us to get the craft beer my husband prefers (whatever makes it a vacation, right? :laughing:) The ordering was a little different because you literally just make a list of the things you want instead of the virtual cart we’ve all gotten so used to but we were very pleased. The bags were nicely packed and separated into dry, refrigerated and frozen and left with Bell Services until we were ready.

3 Likes

We just got back Friday and used Publix/instacart for the first time. We were very impressed with the service. I received multiple text messages from the shopper regarding items not in stock and possible substitutes with pictures of the shelf and various options. Any difference in price was immediately credited back. Highly recommend. Good Luck!

5 Likes

I’ve used AmazonFresh at Disney and at home during quarantine and liked it. They had a good variety but not as much as a regular grocery store. I was able to get everything I wanted, just maybe not my first choice in brand for lunch meat.

2 Likes

Do any of them deliver liquor?

1 Like

Garden Grocer delivers beer and wine. You do not need to be there if you send them a copy of your ID

3 Likes