Best Grocery Delivery Service

What about the hard stuff? Mama likes a little Bailey’s in her coffee when she’s on vacation! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

TIFIFY

I think she needs it more when she’s home! :rofl:

2 Likes

Publix will but you have to show an ID at delivery/pickup

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Especially in 2020.1 :joy:

1 Like

…because…

8 Likes

How do you send Garden Grocer your ID? I may have a pack of White Claws in my order being delivered this Friday…

ETA: Nevermind! There is a menu option under My Account called “Send Your ID” :joy: pretty straight forward

4 Likes

I’m also a Garden Grocer fan. We have used them for years and always had excellent service. Plus, the convenience of them leaving with Bell Services is wonderful.

2 Likes

I cannot compare them. But we used Instacart when we were there in December, and we were happy with them. We did have a little confusion with the actual delivery, because we met down at the entrance to Boardwalk. Only, because of the distance from our room, we decided to take our wheeled luggage down with us to put the groceries in to wheel back to our room. Anyhow, the delivery guy was there, but we didn’t know who we were looking for. We texted him where we were, and what we looked like, but he didn’t think it was us because we were standing there with luggage. :slight_smile: After a few minutes, though, we realized the problem. We were practically on top of his car, and didn’t know it!

3 Likes

Used Amazon Feb 2020 and would not use again. Only one experience but they were 1-2 hours late. Not the end of the world bc it was a check in / non-park day but will likely give another company a try.

3 Likes

I am following this. I was thinking of doing Amazon since this is what we do at home but when I put in the WDW zip they were limited on the bottled water (which is the main reason I want to order). Is it really worth it to pay more for garden grocer when I just want water and snacks/fruit? We are staying in a regular room so just a small fridge.

1 Like

I started shopping for Instacart during the pandemic to make extra cash. They pay you a calculated amount pre shopping trip based on the amount of items and the distance traveled. You can see the amount you will be paid before accepting the trip. there are sometimes extra incentive to pick the trip like if it is a busy time or if there are heavy items. Then whatever the customer tips it added on top of what Instacart pays. You can also see the tip amount before accepting the trip.

6 Likes

Is there any downside to paying the tip in the app? Like does Instacart either take a cut or apply towards minimum pay or apply toward taxable wages, etc.?

1 Like

I have always used Garden Grocer for all my DVC stays as well. My last trip I put an order in 11 months in advance. Not sure I’d recommend that part though!

A bit of a smaller selection than say Instacart, but we really appreciated getting our beer delivered so we weren’t paying premium prices. I know you aren’t a huge drinker, but wanted to share the perks for us. Plus I liked I didn’t have to be waiting at the room or at valet for them. (pre-covid)

1 Like

No they don’t take any of the tip $. I think there might have been some of that in the past but no more. Yes it is taxable but you are 1099 contractor so responsible for taxes on your own.
Definitely tip in the app. if i see a trip with no tip I wouldn’t pick it up- it just feel like disrespect to me to not tip a service worker. Just like any service provider I would recommend tipping well.

3 Likes

I’ve only used Instacart once. I guess I’m glad my person picked up my order! I always intended to tip, but hadn’t added it ahead of time.

I ended up tipping her very, very, very well in cash because the wrong address was on my Target order and she had to go out of her way to get our order to me.

3 Likes

Since we will have our own car and will be relocating between hotels on Day 2 anyway, I was thinking curbside pickup would be the way to go? I guess at the nearest Publix? Does that make sense? It would be the afternoon of Sunday 5/30 if that makes a difference. I’m thinking that would be quicker than my going in and trying to find stuff quickly?

2 Likes

I’ve had good experiences with curbside pickup. I think it’s mostly a preference thing - if you like going in and picking out your own groceries, go for it. But if that’s not a source of joy to you, go for the curbside pickup (especially since you’d be burning precious vacation time!)

2 Likes

We have always used GG and have been very satisfied. I try to limit my order to mostly perishable or heavy items that I can’t pack. I just completed my shopping cart for our upcoming trip, and was kind of surprised at some of the prices. Just to satisfy my curiosity, I priced everything in my order out on my local grocery store website. I was kind of shocked thaat the GG total bill was double what my local store would have charged. I know they are providing a convenient service, but…ouch!

4 Likes