Best Deck on the Wish?

Calling all DCL experts!

Does anyone have general advice on choosing a stateroom on the Disney Wish? Here are some considerations:

• We will most likely book Oceanview (no verandah due to 4 kids + my anxiety – are there any connecting staterooms where one is Oceanview and the other is Verandah?)
  • I am prone to motion sickness but didn’t have any major seasickness on Disney Magic (deck 2 midship)
  • We don’t mind stairs at all and generally prefer walking to waiting for an elevator, but of course down is better than up
  • We’d prefer to be away from restaurants, bars, or anything else with loud noises in the late evening or morning
  • The itinerary we are eying is visiting Castaway Cay and we’d love to have a view when in port

I’m thinking Deck 6 or 7 midship might be the best compromise of all these considerations?

Tagging @FOMOm_VA and @lolabear_la since I know you’ve both traveled on the Wish recently.

Thanks in advance!

5 Likes

I will have a review of a deck 7 verandah room for you in about 80ish days :grin:

I wanted this as well and it was recommended to me to look at the deck plans and avoid floors with anything right above or below your room.

DH is also prone to motion sickness so that was another reason for choosing deck 7, midship.

I’ve heard this is the right side of the ship. (I don’t know the boat lingo :wink:)

4 Likes

7 because you’d have staterooms above and below you. Fwiw I’ve been directly beside the elevators on both of my wish cruises (I didn’t get to pick my room) and it was totally fine. No noise. Wish is much bigger than magic so unless you are at the very forward of the ship or the weather sucks you should be fine! Lmk if you want a particular stateroom theme, I will pass along the link to the not-very-secret spreadsheet

3 Likes

Right is starboard, left is port. That’s true on planes, too.
One way to remember is the shorter word of left/right is also the shorter word of port/starboard. :sailboat:

3 Likes

What?! I didn’t know this was a thing! What are the options?

3 Likes

There is a list of all the staterooms on DISboards (and likely elsewhere) with stateroom decor listed. Have you seen it? I know it’s not what you asked, but I wanna make sure you saw that too.

2 Likes

When are you planning to go?

1 Like

We are going in October 2025. Itineraries were just posted and we can book this Thursday with Silver status.

3 Likes

I’m hopeful for a GTY this fall.

2 Likes

Not that I saw on Deck 7 or any other deck, according to their deck plans. Plus, all the oceanview cabins are near the very front and rear of the ship, on decks 6 and above. Those areas will get more motion.

4 Likes

I keep reading this but it just doesn’t stick :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Left has 4 letters, right has 5.
Port has 4 letters, starboard has 9.

3 Likes

I just messaged it to you. Our room is Frozen.

There are also

Cinderella
Sleeping beauty
Moana
Princess and the frog

Maybe more I’m forgetting :wink:

3 Likes

Not on the Wish. There are a small amount of rooms on the Dream/Fantasy but if I remember from my looking up back in 2018-19 in almost all cases one of the rooms was a handicap accessible.

This is the view starboard of the beautiful family beaches. This is from the Dream but is a deck 6 verandah room, our pictures from the Wish were either a rainy day or not taken (we didn’t get any shots of kids sitting in our oceanview portholes on Castaway Cay days).

On the port side though you can watch the crew wave goodbye from the dock (but you can also watch that from any outside deck as you sail away.

For our Wish trip, our rooms were: Deck 6 aft, starboard, then Deck 2 midship starboard, and then Deck 2 midship port and all three times the rooms were nice and quiet, nothing below or above that caused noise. All three sets of our rooms were a Cinderella theme room connected to a Frozen Theme room. (If I remember correctly Cinderella/Frozen are decks 2, 6 & 7. Tiana/Sleeping Beauty deck 8/9 and then between 10-13 there’s Moana, Rapunzel, Ariel and maybe one more I’m forgetting? But definitely reference the very not so secret spreadsheet that was already mentioned. Also, Stateroom List • The Disney Cruise Line Blog includes the room theme in their synopsis of the room but I don’t know how accurate/official it is. It was accurate for our staterooms though.

My favorite of our 3 staterooms were the Deck 2 midship. I loved being steps away from the theater & kids club and dinner was always one or two floors away and the elevators were fast & easy to take to the pool/buffet. But Deck 6 was good too if you wanted to primarily use the stairs.

4 Likes

I’ve heard a similar way to remember it. Port & left both have 4 letters and end in t. And then until we went on the Wish I didn’t have a way to remember starboard really well, so I always just knew the one that didn’t match to right was the other one.

But our serving team on the Wish taught us Starboard is right like the second star to the right. And now it’s just stuck for me.

4 Likes

Thanks for checking this for me! So it sounds like my choice may be Oceanview on deck 2 or verandah on deck 7 …

3 Likes

I haven’t been on Wish, but I LOVE deck 2 on other ships. I love the easy access for disembarking. And on 3 deck is theater and MDR?

2 Likes

Ok, this one might actually stick :wink:

4 Likes

The verandah locks at the top are pretty tough to undo. My kids couldn’t reach them or operate them. We e always stayed in verandahs without a problem. But go ov if you’ll just be nervous the entire trip otherwise

2 Likes

We were in stateroom 8120 on the WISH. It was awesome! It had an oversized veranda too. I don’t have any pictures on my phone to share right now though.

3 Likes