Best Christmas Ever! Our surprise trip for the kids!

What a great end to the day!

7 Likes

What is this? I can’t decide if it looks delicious or disgusting. The drink, on the other hand, no question looks delicous! :grin:

2 Likes

It was some kind of dessert tart from Japan. Crust with cream pudding in the bottom, this stringy frosting type stuff on top and those candy rocks you can buy in their store. Surprisingly, it was not very sweet at all and a little bland actually.

Fun times at MK today. Got rides on POTC, BTM, HM, UTS, IASW, and PPF…ate a cream cheese pretzel at Lunching Pad. Saw the Santa Cavalcade and now waiting on lunch at Peco’s.

9 Likes

Let it snow chocolate taco…not as good as I wanted it to be. The chocolate filling and sugar cookie shell were bland and the cinnamon frosting overwhelmed it.

Just a dream away shake at Auntie Gravity’s…now this was delicious!

3 Likes

4 Likes

My daughter thought it was frosting but I didn’t believe her! :joy:

1 Like

Left at around 1 pm for a quick break back at the hotel. Got some naps in and now ready to go again!

6 Likes

Didn’t finish posting pics from last night. We booked it out of MK about 9pm. The kids were tired and lines weren’t getting any shorter.

Here are the castle pics…

8 Likes

Back at MK this morning. It’s our final day at this park so we have to get the rides in we missed yesterday. Starting off with probably the shortest line for 7DMT we can get.

1 Like

Loved the castle projections. But I was thinking about this and think Disney would be smart to switch the projections every 5 minutes instead of 15. People, including us, just hung out in the hub to see all four projections. This takes an hour. But switching every 5 minutes means the the people hanging out in the hub would cycle every 20 minutes as well. It would help with crowds in the hub more I think.

6 Likes

I don’t disagree with this. We noticed at every change, there would be a clearing of crowds about 1 minute after the change occurred. And my kids hated that we stood there for so long.

2 Likes

Back on BTM again, after getting our ride on 7DMT and SM this morning. It’s a roller coaster kind of day.

3 Likes

I think the goal is to keep people from congregating, but it sounds like folks still are and are hanging around longer.

We stayed put until we saw all four also, but really all people need to do is show up 2 minutes before a change, stay for a few minutes to see projections 1 and 2, then come back a half hour later to see 3 change to 4. I guess it depends on what you can do for about 20 minutes in between your hub stops (snack, shopping, probably not a ride). At worst, if people want to stay there the whole time, it’s more like 35 min to see all 4 if you time it right. But, timing it right would be easier if they did it at :00, :15, :30, :45 and not :05, :20, etc. Thus, most people aren’t quite sure of the timing at first, and they stick around.

2 Likes

Yes we often forget about what the average visitor knows vs what we all here know. We hang because we know the timing; they hang because they are clueless (and WE like it that way)

2 Likes

I can’t heart your post! :wink:

But I totally agree with changing the projections more quickly. 15 minutes is way too long, especially during this pandemic. The projections change repeatedly during fireworks. 5 minutes for each projection sounds reasonable.

1 Like

Y’all’s masks are stellar

1 Like

We finished our day shortly after lunch with a ride on MTP (not directly after or I would have caused a code V). And I had to go back for a second Pistachio Chai Tea Float…OMG!!! That was the most delicious thing ever! No photo of it though.

Went back to the hotel around 2 pm and spent the rest of the evening relaxing for our first HS day tomorrow. My nephew and I will need to go to the McD’s down the street for our 7 am drop. The WiFi in our hotel (offsite) is non-existant and my cell reception here is no better. I wasn’t nervous in Sept when my sis and I did the 10 am drop from the park on their WiFi, but I’m really nervous about this one. Wish us luck…we will check in after the drop in the morning.

3 Likes