Best book about the creation and evolution of WDW?

I vaguely recall seeing a recommendation in the 2022 Unofficial Guide for a book on the history of Walt Disney World. Can’t find it now, maybe I imagined it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Like

Take a look here Disney Reads

And listen here (i believe it is a free listen) https://www.amazon.com/I-Want-That/dp/B08JJT3SNF

1 Like

Has anyone read The Disney Story: Chronicling the Man, the Mouse and the Parks?

I love anything about Disney World history! Especially old videos and pictures.

As a Disney Parks fan, you may be interested in Bob Iger’s book “Ride of a Lifetime”. I found it very interesting!

I also really liked the Imagineering Story series on Disney Plus, if you haven’t already seen it:

1 Like

Thanks for your recommendations! I will definitely check out that Disney+ series, sounds very interesting!

I might pass on the Iger book, though. I’m sure it’s worthwhile, but I only have so much bandwidth available for this and I want to find something less business-oriented, and by a disinterested outsider.

I read a Kindle sample of the Disney Story title I mentioned above, but I didn’t find it very engaging. Still looking for a good all-in-one generalist history.

Try this. It’s from Disney, but seems pretty thorough.

1 Like

I ordered this,

Admittedly, I haven’t started reading it, but it chronicles the history of WDW through newspaper articles.

2 Likes

You might be thinking of the Unofficial Guide’s Disneyland Story
I enjoyed it

1 Like

This sounds good, but I really want one that covers WDW.

1 Like

Oh yeah I wish they’d written one about WDW too!

1 Like

I’ve started The Thinking Fan’s Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom by Aaron Wallace and I’m finding it delightful. Part guidebook, part history, but not really typical of either genre.