Behind The Scenes: Harmonious

yes… pictures don’t do it justice

1 Like

I have not seen them in person yet, so I’ll hold judgement. The angle and lens used to take photos/videos and distort things and I don’t know for sure if they will really be as bad in person as some of the photos make them out to be. My gut feeling is that they are hideous, but maybe that will change once I see them in person.

1 Like

just this
you can’t miss them from any angle :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

If you’re looking across the lagoon, they are obstructive and not attractive. But honestly when I was there I didn’t notice them most of the time. And there are places to get nice views without the obstructions.

PS This is how I feel:

3 Likes

:smile::smile::smile:

2 Likes

The “old” EP “vibe” is long gone. With Iger, and now even more with Chapek in charge, the philosophy is that everything should be tied to an IP, because it will enhance merchandising. We already have Nemo, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, and Frozen, and we will soon have Ratatouille, Moana, and GoTG. If England gets it ride, it will be Mary Poppins. If Imagination gets a retheme, it will no doubt be an IP (In and Out has been discussed). Donald Duck has already ruined the once beautiful Rio de Tiempo, and there are rumors of a complete retheme to Coco (which I think actually would be an improvement over its current state). It’s just a matter of time before everything in EP will have an IP tie-in. I was completely blow away by all of EPCOT when I first visited (as an adult) in 1983, and I think the vast majority of the changes/upgrades/improvements that have been made over the past 40 years have detracted from the original vision, but it is what it is. I’m hoping that once all of the construction is complete (if I’m still alive then) I will be able to enjoy Epcot for what it is, and stop mourning what it used to be.

5 Likes

If you’re just looking at where you’re headed it’s fine, but really most vantage points are obstructed in some way. I really don’t think the pictures accurately reflect just how huge they are. I really hope you come back and share your opinion when you do see them in person.

1 Like

Glad to - but it won’t be for at least a year… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe you’ll get lucky and they will have found a way to hide them until nightfall by then. :joy:

1 Like

Wait… WDW is going to have a fast food themed ride??! :rofl:

I’m guessing you meant Inside Out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

Oooohhhhh, I miss In & Out :sleepy:

1 Like

Yeah, that. You can see where my mind lives…

2 Likes

I wanted to like it. I still want to like it. I think I might like it better without those blatherings about it. If you have to explain something like this that you created, you failed.

I agree with the PP that said it seems like they copied Universal, and didn’t do as well.

Although, in person is better. There is a reason I don’t like fireworks on TV, but love them in person.

3 Likes

Ok. I cant leave that one out there with out taking one for the team…

TWSS😏

5 Likes

You people…

5 Likes

Seriously :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I knew it was coming

… and another lay up :weary:

4 Likes

And … TWSS

3 Likes

Y’all… I am the only female in my house (and one feline) and I finally got them to stop TWSS (sigh). Now I have to keep telling the guys it’s inappropriate to say That’s the name of your sex tape.

3 Likes