Behind The Scenes: Harmonious

Disney offered a behind the scenes (and a little sneak peak) at Harmonious.

I’ve tried to stay positive about the potential of Harmonious, but I’m not a fan of just how heavily this show is going to rely on IP.

2 Likes

God that’s awful.
It’s like a Stargate themed hentai movie.
WTH were they thinking?

5 Likes

Not sure how you came up with this, but I’d pay big money to see it.

2 Likes

It looks even more like a Stargate when it’s lit. And all the “things” coming off the sides look like tentacles.
And I’m a 47 year old woman with the mind of a 12 year old boy.

5 Likes

I want to know which executive at Disney was such a big fan of Brave that they would kidnap an Imagineer’s children to twist their arm to shove that movie into the show.

I actually really like Brave, but yeah they really shoehorned that in.

1 Like

The water tacos look like brontosauruses barfing fireworks in that one segment. Do. Not. Like.

2 Likes

Looks pretty cool to me.

3 Likes

The HIVE MIND has decided that a show it has not seen is grossbuckets. The HIVE MIND has rendered its thoughts. Disagreement with the HIVE MIND is not allowed. To disagree with the HIVE MIND is to be cast into the Outer Darkness.

4 Likes

Yikes. The barges just…. Do not look better with those water jets coming off of them. I remain highly dubious.

1 Like

Is anybody else reminded of the Disneyland water… color… something show?

I believe I heard in the early stages that it was developed by the same guy who did World of Color.

World of Color… that’s the one. We hated it. We were herded in long before it started, standing shoulder to shoulder and then basically watched film clips projected on water fountains set to music. DH and I were SO mad! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: It was a nightmare getting out of there too, we left before it ended b/c we were NOT interested in standing around anymore and watching what looked like a middle school AV project.

anyways… that’s what the link, you shared, reminded me of. So, it’s a nope for us. I speak for the we in our house :wink:

1 Like

That’s interesting, you’re absolutely dead on about the fact that World of Color is just a big clip show.

I can see why the barges are necessary for Harmonious, as it would be impossible to do the water screens in World Showcase in a way that would allow everyone viewing around the lagoon to see the effect, but they went so far the other way catering to function over form that it really is a straight up eyesore 24/7.

I still say -if the show is fantastic- then I can be forgiving of these monstrosities, but it would have to be the greatest nighttime spectacular that Disney has ever put on anywhere in the world. And what we’ve seen so far isn’t it :confused:.

4 Likes

I liked World of Color.

But all I think about with this is will they cancel it on windy days? I think it looks nice but there are going to be some crappy sightlines around the lagoon since they didn’t make it in the round. I feel like a drone and pyro and water show could have worked better. That drone thing they did at the Olympics opening ceremony was very cool.

4 Likes

I think this looks rad.

But I also happen to think World of Color is the greatest nighttime show Disney has ever done. I’m baffled that you didn’t like it, @vcka!

(To be clear, I still agree the monstrosities are an eyesore and wish they could do something about that.)

6 Likes

World of Color moved me to tears. I absolutely loved it. We had a front row (standing) view because of the dining package we had at Carthay Circle. My son said that he thinks it was possibly the best meal that he has ever eaten.

4 Likes

I quite liked it. Much better than I was expecting. The barges are still hideous obviously and I wish they weren’t going to be there all day, but the show itself looks fine.

4 Likes

It’s Disney’s attempt at Universal’s Cinematic Celebration. Except the UOR show is better and doesn’t permanently scar one of the main features of the park. Bigger is not always better.

3 Likes

I’m sure wind will indeed be an issue. I’m not sure drones would fair much better in high winds.

2 Likes