Beginning June 24 -- Where can I see how quickly SW:GE gets booked for the entire day?

Beginning tomorrow (June 24)…

Where on the Touring Plans website – or anywhere else – will I be able to see reports about how quickly SW:GE gets booked each day?

In other words, at what time did the last person successfully get into a “boarding group” for SW:GE?
(Not necessarily get into the land yet, just successfully got on the list.)

And – at what time did the last person successfully get a reservation for Savi’s Workshop? … or a reservation for Oga’s Cantina?

Thank you!

3 Likes

No idea, but following in case anyone else knows. Disboards seems to have a lot of posters and up to date info on the main SW:GE thread.

1 Like

Don’t have any advice, but wanted to welcome you to the Forum.

2 Likes

I’m thinking it will start showing up on Twitter, fan forums, this board, etc. Also, Boarding Pass availability will be updated on the official Disneyland app (at least if you’re in the park - not clear whether you’ll be able to see it if you’re checking the app from home).

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzGATPpgnCW/?igshid=14bl8qxvo4ftx

Looks like the reservation system succeeded in dampening the impact of general opening.

2 Likes

The MFSR ride has a 15 minute wait 30 minutes into a 7:00am park opening. Also, the lower left star has a link to the page showing whether reservations are required.

It says the land is Closed, but that isn’t clear to me whether that means you need a boarding pass, or if they just haven’t updated the page yet to say that the land is open, because clearly it is open since people are riding the ride.

I’ll probably post updates periodically today for the record. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And at 8am, 1 hour after opening, it’s a 3-hour wait. Still no boarding pass requirement. Micechat reported that all reservations were gone for Savi and Olga by 7:30am.

Edit: Just after I posted that, the wait went down to 110 min.

3 Likes

Wow! Though I suppose it’s not a surprise.

2 Likes

Sometime before 8:30am they activated the boarding pass system. It says entry expected late morning if you tap in now. SR line is back to 180 min.

3 Likes

At around 9am the SR line was still 180 min. More interesting, BTMRR had a 30 min wait while Space Mountain, usually the longest line in the park, was only 10 min. I assume BTMRR is the go-to for people with a boarding pass waiting to be let in.

3 Likes

What I found amazing was at 8:30, PPF had a 15 minute wait! That is unheard of!

3 Likes

About 9:30 and the line is only 45 min:

Boarding passes are for early afternoon:

I guess this means they are putting a reasonable limit on number of people in the land. Lines for attractions outside GE are still low by any standard. 20 min for Space Mountain, 25 for PPF and Matterhorn, 30 for BTMRR.

3 Likes

10am Update:

MFSR: 40 min
Boarding groups: 1-14
Estimated land wait: Early Afternoon
Space Mountain: 45 min
BTMRR: 20 min
PPF: 30 min

Still a relatively quiet day!

1 Like

There are still reservations available for today for Savi’s and Oga’s, and it is 10:20am. They initially appeared to be gone by 7:30, but have continued to pop up throughout the morning. And the ride…was down to 35 minutes at 9:45am. It appears that Galaxy’s Edge did not break Disneyland and times just might be reasonable. Disney will not be happy it isn’t crowded, but us visitors sure will be!

4 Likes

11am Update:

MFSR: 65 min
Boarding groups: 3-20
Estimated land wait: Early Afternoon
Space Mountain: 30 min
BTMRR: 25 min

3 Likes

Noon Update:

MFSR: 50 min (was as low as 35 min during the previous hour)
Boarding groups: 13-30
Estimated land wait: Afternoon
Space Mountain: 65 min
BTMRR: 25 min

3 Likes

1pm Update:

MFSR: 65 min
Boarding groups: 21-47
Estimated land wait: Afternoon
Space Mountain: 45 min
BTMRR: 30 min

2 Likes

2pm Update:

MFSR: 80 min
Boarding groups: 32 - 61
Estimated land wait: Late Afternoon
Space Mountain: 35 min
BTMRR: 20 min

2 Likes

Hey everyone! I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your help and feedback – especially you Jeff_AZ. This is all very encouraging, and I think I can start booking my flights pretty soon now! :grinning: !!!

2 Likes

@Jeff_AZ THANK YOU so much for the great nuggets of info!!! I have been less methodical in checking but I witnessed all the morning stuff you saw (did you SEE that 10 min posted wait for PPF shortly after 8am?!?!?! :scream::scream:) as well as noticed some of the dips of 45-35 min waits for Smugglers Run.

Looks like either the masses avoided again because they were worried about crowds, or Disney did such a great job at pricing out/blocking out to create such a managed crowd flow. Only time will tell from here on out.

3 Likes