Beginning June 24 -- Where can I see how quickly SW:GE gets booked for the entire day?

4pm Update:

MFSR: 80 min
Boarding groups: 63 - 90
Estimated land wait: Late Afternoon
Space Mountain: 30 min
BTMRR: 20 min
PPF: 30 min

1 Like

I can’t believe what a light day this has been at Disneyland! And the entire first month of operation has been a dream. The WDW folks are going to put us to shame when they do their opening and you have people camping for days and stampeding to get into an 8-hour line for MFSR.

One thought I had - maybe the “low” crowds are just the result of all attractions operating at max capacity (after many lands and attractions being under refurbishment over the last two years), including an entire huge new land with room to absorb crowds? I mean, I’d still expect 60 minute waits for Space Mountain, so I’m sure that people “avoiding the crowds” is a big factor. But when I was there a couple of weeks ago, there were still plenty of people. The parks never felt empty. The waits were just low.

I guess we’ll see. Assuming people still want to go to Disneyland, they can’t “avoid the crowds” forever.

2 Likes

I wonder what it’s going to be like this weekend. I can’t go in person, but I’ll be checking the stats on the apps.

1 Like

5pm Update:

MFSR: 50 min
Boarding groups: 77 - 99
Estimated land wait: Open
Space Mountain: 35 min
BTMRR: 15 min

Apparently, sometime between 4 and 5pm they opened the land to all guests and stopped requiring a boarding pass. They could resume the boarding pass requirement at any time. Good news for anyone wanting to roam the land at night. In the pictures it looks gorgeous!

2 Likes

6pm Update:

MFSR: 45 min
Boarding groups: 91 - 99
Space Mountain: Down
BTMRR: 10 min

1 Like

Yes, I am SO impressed by the way the fireworks appear over the black spires from the Millenium Falcon area. (Watching YouTube videos)

That must have been intentional – that pair of tail spires frames the bulk of the high fireworks just perfectly! And then the trail of lower fireworks (closer to the castle) appear to the right, matching the line of the dipping horizon in that direction.

Just gorgeous. Can’t wait to see it in person.

2 Likes

7pm Update:

Boarding groups: N/A
Space Mountain: 35 min

Man I wish I was there …

2 Likes

You and me both!

1 Like

8pm Update:

Space Mountain: 45 min
BTMRR: 5 min

1 Like

9pm Update:

MFSR: 30 min
PPF: Down

1 Like

10:30pm Update:

MFSR: 20 min

1 Like

The line for SR has tapered off at the end of the day and is now about 15 min with half an hour before park closing.

That was an interesting exercise! I’m sure I’ll peek at wait times again over the next few weeks and if I see something interesting I’ll report back here.

2 Likes

@Jeff_AZ
Thanks for all the feedback! I’ll be checking the stats again over the next few months as well to plan for revisits with friends. IMO, I liked Star Wars Land and all (I’m by no means a super fan), but I felt like it was more popular for merchandise–lightsabers, droids, Oga’s Cantina–than for MFSR. We’ll see what happens when ROTR materializes.

For anyone wanting to build a lightsaber, definitely brush up on how to make reservations for the experience. I was listening to a pod cast yesterday and the guy was watching a YouTube video of the process and said he “almost cried” (in a good way), so it might actually be worth the $200 for the entire experience.

The droids you build apparently talk to other built droids and interact with the surroundings as you walk around with them in little handled cardboard boxes. I was talking to one guy who was complaining that the bottom of his carry box was trying to fall out, so that would be annoying, especially with $100 of plastic inside.

I’ll try to report back too if I see anything of interest.

3 Likes

Here’s a good DFB article about making reservations for Oga’s Cantina day of. The key is that you should keep checking even if it appears reservations are gone - they keep popping up.

https://twitter.com/disneyfoodblog/status/1143526930987343874?s=21

1 Like

Here is a graphical representation for the MFSR lines yesterday:

It looks like the worst time of day was the first hour after park opening, with another jump between 1-3pm. The best time to ride looks like 10am-1pm or after 6pm. We’ll see if this pattern holds.

So far today, the line shot up to 180 min within the first half hour, but since then has been around 100 minutes or less. They have not needed to activate the boarding pass system today yet, so I’m skeptical that it will be needed at all today. Waits around the park remain abnormally low.

2 Likes

This is an amazing amount of information. Thank you!!

Yesterday (Day 2 since general opening) was basically the same as Day 1, but without the afternoon spike. If this becomes the dominant pattern, it appears that the later in the day, the better for MFSR. Very odd compared to other attractions and I’ll be interested to see if this continues to be the case:

1 Like

Day 3 pattern was similar to Day 2 - big jump to 140 min right at RD then stabilize by noon. Still best to ride later in the day or evening. Average around 50 minutes.

Note that the pink line is observed wait times. Blue is original prediction. Red is adjusted predictions as the day progressed.

3 Likes

Haven’t checked in in a while. Here are the wait times for 7/9/19 - the peak is 90 minutes before 9am:

We’re still seeing a similar pattern of extreme wait times at opening, followed by gradual decrease for the rest of the day. The only day so far that did not follow this pattern was 7/5/19 - the highest wait time for the day was 150 min at 7pm:

I wonder why MFSR has this atypical pattern, and whether it will hold. Below is the graph for Space Mountain on 7/9/19 - note that the line builds throughout the day and peaks in the mid-afternoon - much more typical:

And here’s a typical day for Radiator Springs Racers:

I heard on a podcast that they’ve had to use the boarding passes very infrequently since they started. maybe just on July 4th or July 4th weekend? will be there end of next week, anxiously awaiting what it will be…

2 Likes