Beer Geek Guide to Disney

@jbrew - very glad you got a chance to try some Jai Alai. As with most American IPAs these days, it’s definitely on the hoppy side! I think it’s around 70 IBUs in fact. FYI - the Untappd rankings skew toward higher rankings for IPAs and stouts.

Just a follow-up to the Beer Guide after my trip - It seemed to be about 80% accurate. Mostly the problems were that many restaurants wound up having beers that weren’t on the menus when I did my research. This isn’t the worst thing in the world, as the opposite situation didn’t seem occur much at all (ie, restaurants not actually having the beers they were supposed to). One main thing that happened in several places was that a restaurant wound up having the “standard” Disney bar menu - which for beer means Cigar City Jai Alai, Bear Republic Racer 5, Blue Moon, Boulevard Tank 7, Founders All Day IPA - basically just look at what I wrote for Hollywood & Vine - that’s the standard Disney bar menu. For instance, Mama Melrose had that beer menu, despite it not being listed that way on the websites. I still feel good about the spreadsheet as a resource overall.

Time to update the AK list to include Hawkes’ Grog Ale and Mo’ara High Country Ale in Pandora: The World of Avatar. I only had the Hawkes’ Grog Ale on Saturday, while it was green I did find it refreshing in the afternoon heat. Both are made by Terrapin in Athens, GA.

2 Likes

:beers: THANK YOU for this! I am always checking out the menu’s for beers!! We are craft beer drinkers as well, and this list is great. I have the beers n ears app also, but I don’t think they update it.

1 Like

Thank @shermND. I know Unibroue is available in the Canada Pavilion, but I also really enjoyed the Unibroue A Tout Le Monde that was available at the F&G booth in Canada. A light, dry, slightly hoppy farmhouse ale that was perfect for the Florida afternoon heat.

1 Like

If anyone would like to take over the list and update, have at it! We have no plans for future Disney trips at the moment, so I personally won’t be updating it anymore. I have to imagine there’s a lot of changes by now, some 2.5 months later. But I’d still be glad to send it out to anyone interested!

Yes, I did get the Unibroue flight from F&G, which was definitely a highlight. Also a big fan of the Innis & Gunn draft at the UK beer cart right next door. Epcot is great for trying good beer!

DH doesn’t want to help plan our Disney trips at all - with the exception of mentioning things he thinks we should do while traveling there.
Now this - this is something he will love to check out! Thanks for all your hard work.

1 Like

I think we can just use this thread as a running update. i.e. ate at Sanaa and they had Funky Buddha Crusher on draft. Was also thinking I would really love to see the Odyssey building become a permanent craft beer staple with a few choice local drafts and small plate options outside of the Festivals.

1 Like