Beer Geek Guide to Disney

Love this!! Thanks- it will come in handy for our trip in May!!

1 Like

Hi Anne, how are you doing? I think I can help with PM if you need it.

1 Like

That was great beer! My son and I were suppose to go to different countries and try new beers but we couldn’t leave Germany after trying this one. Thanks for the post.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this! My husband is going to love this!

1 Like

So clean and refreshing. Very hard to find this one elsewhere too. Everyone loves the Schofferhofer Grapefruit, but I always prefer the Altenmunster. I think that the Carlsberg gets overlooked too. Even though its widely available. Clean refreshing lager.

1 Like

Anne did PM me, but she forgot to include her email address… if you see this Anne, send along your email and I’ll send you the file. Likewise to anyone else who would like a copy of the whole file! Thanks!

1 Like

I will be excited to try some of the Oktoberfest when we dine at the Bierhall next week. I’m a big fan of the festbier/marzen style in general but have yet to try that particular one. As far as the Schofferhofer Grapefruit Radler - that is God’s gift to designated drivers- it’s delicious and only 2.5%!

1 Like

Hahaha…remember when Near Beer was popular!!

1 Like

@captanneamerica.

I’ve tagged her for you @shermND.

1 Like

This is really awesome! Thanks for doing it.

One reason I like Epcot is trying beers not available in my local market; this will help in deciding what to try.

1 Like

I have a new man crush…

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly! Especially with the F&G fest, there’s more choices than usual this time of year.

For those who have more experience putting the beer guide to use in the parks… can you walk into ANY venue and get a to-go drink? For instance, Hollywood and Vine has a great beer list with several items unavailable anywhere else, but I have no interest in eating there - can I walk in and get a beer to go? Thanks!

Are those beers not available at Tune In?

No, doesn’t Tune-In mimic the Prime-Time beer list? They don’t seem to be the same…

Tune In is the bar/waiting area for 50s and I believe Tune In, 50s and Hollywood and Vine all share most facilities? If I remember correctly they have shared bathrooms?

My research showed different beer lineups at H&V vs Tune-In/50s PT. But I was relying on 3rd party beer data for H&V cause the Disney site listed nothing for H&V.

But for the sake of getting back to my original query, what if I walked into Sci-Fi Dine In, or Garden Grill. They both have interesting beers I might want to walk in and carry out. Is this allowed?

See, I saw something shiny and got distracted. I do not think you could walk into Hoolywwod and Vine, or 50s and get a take out drink. You can walk into Tune In and get a take out cup.

2 Likes

I came in to recommend Jai Alai but I see you already have it at the top of the list for Hollywood Studios. It really is a great beer. I’m a hop head and my wife is not so usually we don’t agree, but there was enough other flavor there for my wife to enjoy a few as well.

Thanks for taking the time to compile (and share) this list.

1 Like

@shermND Just wanted to share with you that I got a chance try Cigar City’s Jai Alai. Before you get too excited, it was canned not draft. I hope to get to some of the tap locations soon but what happened was…

After working in the garden for bit, told the wife I was going around the corner to the local craft beer store for a Fosters Ale. On the way out, I stopped in my tracks to see a Cigar City display, cases of canned beer. I looked and looked and in the back was a couple of the Jai Lai…

I waited a day before trying it cause Fosters was for thirst not enjoyment…tried it last night, nice citrus taste…didn’t expect the hoppy part…until I read the small print…7.5% alcohol. Two cans at one sitting for this old guy…:slight_smile:

Bottom of the canned says it was brewed and distributed from a Brewery in North Carolina for Cigar City…

Will I but it again?..probably…I really want to try the Tap version next

Thanks again for the Philly Tap link.

1 Like