Be Our Guest Grossly Over Rated

I am really confused. You said:

A few of us disagreed with you. I don’t think we are disagreeing with anything about Disney. I think we are saying- we will happily share something we are unhappy with about Disney. My example was a horrible experience at AKL CL. I am sure many people on this forum are very sick of reading my posts about it. I am sure some people disagree irbthink Inshould “get over it”.

How does anyone’s disagreement prove your point that you can’t talk negatively about Disney?

I hope we all try to be respectful and kind. Many also try to bring humor to most discussions, but I think many of us can think of many examples of situations where we do not agree with something Disney has done.

5 Likes

But you weren’t saying something negative about Disney, you were saying something negative about the people on this forum. When it feels like it’s turned personal, I think it’s normal for people to react.

4 Likes

I agree! That’s why I like this forum better than others (plus, people here have a sense of humor). I would say I’m among the least fangirl/boy-ish on this site and no one ever says anything to me about it. I also feel that the best advice is to be had here, because people are a bit more clear-eyed in their thinking about Disney. Of course, on balance most of us like Disney quite a bit or we wouldn’t be here talking about it & planning expensive vacations, but that doesn’t mean we’ve drunk the kool-aid.

5 Likes

Conversely?

Why do I think that I should have known about this before I booked? Sinking feeling.:anguished:

I enjoy Disney. Mostly, I very much enjoy the time it allows me to share with my two ( now young adult) children. I enjoy the thrill rides and the theming on the other rides, I enjoy the parades and the fireworks and the atmosphere. I don’t enjoy the food at all and on recent trips have insisted on finding little wine bars and gastro pubs outside WDW. I find the portion sizes so large they are off putting and sometimes I just need to escape from the artificial world that is the ‘bubble’. I also don’t do character interactions, and have avoided them since my DS21, was about 7, although my DD25 traditionally meets some Jungle Book characters and has a photograph taken with them. This year the young adults decided that for 7 nights of our 12 night WDW trip, we should buy the Deluxe DDP plus CL… I am trapped and I know that at some point in the trip I will feel the urge to ‘escape to the hills’ . DD25 has also determined that we will have dinner at BOG with the Beast, hence my interest in this thread. I think I have just confessed to a biased reading of this thread…I am looking for reasons not to dine there :joy:.

3 Likes

Thank you for saying in a couple of sentences what I was unsuccessful saying in many.

3 Likes

You will be fine! I will tell you after your trip! Oh! The food is great!

1 Like

My boys are super picky. I mean the pickiest in all the land. They LOVED the food and the dinner experience. We went for an early ADR, 4:10 on a party night. We were in and out in 50 minutes. Super fast service, delicious food. I almost hate that they liked it so much because now it’s a must-do for us on every trip!

1 Like

Oh dear, that’s pretty close to heresy right there.
Disney food isn’t the greatest?
I’ll confess I’m not a foodies and I just don’t care, but luckily for me my family also doesn’t & they never liked characters, either. It’s a huge relief to not have to schedule around ADRs.

If we’re touring, I’ll schedule our QS for whatever’s nearby- will not walk for food. Consequently, we happen to be at 7DMT near noon on an MK day, so BOG it is.

And oddly enough, the only reservation I’ve ever actually done multiple phone lines at 4 am for is Be Our Guest.

That was when it first opened and my daughter was/is a huge fan. For us it’s always about atmosphere. Just the other day I hosted a couple of tables at our church tea and the guests made me do a tutorial because I had made the napkins into little roses (do they still do that in the ballroom?) Those are the things that make a Disney vacay great, long after the food is a distant digestive memory.

So I hope this lunch doesn’t happen like the OP’s, but at least I’ll always know how to fold rose napkins.:rose:

1 Like

So when I am burned at the stake, you will make a paper rose in my memory? :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Oh no- I always use cloth napkins :rofl:
I guess they could be used to fan the flames.

2 Likes

:joy::joy:

1 Like

I also do not like BOG at all. I consider it to be a glorified cafeteria. Loud and uninspiring. The rose room is the only room that is worth some attention and DD6 liked it but I would not make it my goal to eat there. Having said that, I don’t consider that any restaurant in the MK is worth writing home about. Sure, some food is edible but not really worth spending the big bucks on it.

The ambiance is not that great either, don’t go to this restaurant if you expect to be in awe looking at the ceiling. You won’t. It’s just a cafeteria. It is the equivalent to saying that an airport restaurant is trans-formative because you get to witness the marvel of flying. Look for magic elsewhere.

2 Likes