Be Our Guest Grossly Over Rated

It was difficult to understand how things worked at BOG and the various seating options. It was one of the few places in WDW where cast members were not very friendly or helpful.

Sounds like a mixup between going to lunch (QS) but expecting dinner (TS).

Sorry it wasn’t what you hoped it would be. I will say that we enjoyed TS last spring when it was 1 credit for dinner (TS), but now that it’s 2 credits for dinner I will pass; there aren’t many places that I think are worth the 2 credit fee.

1 Like

I realized BOG was counter service for lunch and really didn’t expect to be waited on as in a table service restaurant. I did expect the staff to be a little attentive and try to make our meal enjoyable. After reading about BOG in the Touring Plans book, I expected a beautiful room with well organized tables and some music plus a few cast members to help us out on our first visit. What we found was more like a college dining hall rather than a top rated WDW restaurant,

3 Likes

Hmmm… I had a fairly small sandwich and a handful of fries or chips and a soda and was hungry when I left…

Wow, really? My DH and son got a huge sandwich and fries and I got a nice platter of the pork with sides. To us, it was almost the size of a TS meal.

I went during the first few months it was open; they may have changed things since then.

OK. The feedback on my negative comments was interesting. We had a marvelous 6 day trip to WDW with very very few disappointments, great weather (zero rain with temps in low 80’s), good food, lots of character interactions and amiable relations between all the members of our group both young and old. Even our 3 year old grandson was a real trooper who must have logged about 25,000 steps per day, never had a melt down and only asked to be carried a few times. Every day we had a very enjoyable sit down meal at uncrowned venues with characters visiting the tables. Our grand kids were thrilled.

I had tried many times to get a reservation at Be Our Guest based on the rave recommendations in Touring Plans. From the reviews I expected a better experience. I was happy to get a reservation on our last day in the park but was disappointed in the food, the facility and attitude of the cast members. Maybe I expected too much. It was one of the few poor experiences we had during our entire visit.

1 Like

I went for dinner Friday night and was disappointed. Spend over $300 for 2 adults and 2 kids with 2 glasses of wine each for me and DW. The food ranged from okay to good but meal and beverages are grossly overpriced for quality you get. Similar quality meal in Boston where I live would be about 150.
And the beast doesn’t even sign autographs!

I would never go back but am still glad I did it once as the dining rooms, except for the rose room, have good theming and nice ambience. So if money is no object and you want the experience go for it. But if you’re value conscious and prioritize value for money spent I would skip the dinner.

Note my experience is only for dinner. A cheaper option to see the castle would be breakfast or lunch.

2 Likes

They make small sandwiches? The croque monsieur was on huge bread and my son got the kid’s grilled cheese and they gave him both halves.

It stinks that you went in with high hopes and got disappointed. I’d heard a lot of feedback about it being noisy, crowded, and mediocre food, so I went in looking forward to seeing the castle and hoping the food wasn’t garbage. The potato leek soup was really good and I enjoyed the decor, so I left happy.

I find it annoying sometimes when reviewers (like the Dis) are really negative about the food or rides, but I appreciate it at the same time. I don’t want to hear the most magical version of WDW, like the empty park they show in the commercials, and then have my vacation be a huge disappointment.

2 Likes

You’re not allowed to so much as think about mentioning anything that isn’t entirely positive about Disney here. I’m very careful about what I post.
At any rate, my family loves BOG. We do the QS breakfast every trip, usually PPO. We eat in the west wing and we really just love the experience…but never go in expecting much.
Last trip, I booked the TS dinner and it was fabulous! The adults all had the steak and it was hands down the best steak we’ve eaten anywhere. I was surprised really because of the so-so reviews. We also had great service and enjoyed meeting the beast. That was before menu change and before they made it 2 dining credits for dinner. Glad we went beforehand, because we definitely won’t go back for TS now.
Glad you had a great trip!

1 Like

I’m not sure I entirely agree with this. I think all of us would enjoy a more positive approach when posting or commenting on threads here but, I have seen lots of supportive feedback when someone is frustrated or had a less than ideal experience during their vacation. I have always felt I could honestly express myself (good, bad or otherwise) and did not feel attacked by anyone’s responses. Everyone’s experience is going to be different, and talking about it here allows for all of us to see a different perspective to be better informed on our next WDW vacation, imo.

5 Likes

Dinner here is on my list of ADRs for my next trip, so I am really interested in reading the different opinions. Hmmmm. To book or not to book… :disappointed:

I’m not sure I agree either. I have given some negative reviews on restaurants and attractions on here before (for example, Mama Melrose). I will say that some people tend to agree more with the positive reviews, but that may just be human nature. I don’t mind negative or a mix of reviews, as it helps cool down high expectations a little.

4 Likes

We did a breakfast on our last trip. Not a PPO but a relaxed start to Christmas Eve.

The food was meh, although the rest of the family thought it was OK. Maybe because I went to get tea and it was tepid, so by the time I got another, the food was cold.

However, I just loved the interior. We probably spent 40 minutes eating and another 30 minutes looking around. I just wish this had been some kind of attraction, rather than just a restaurant. It’s Disney theming at it’s best, the faux windows with the snow, the balcony … But wasted IMO.

Lunch was wayyyyy better. Loved the French onion soup. Someone had the pork, which was good.

I’d love to do dinner, but the price is steep. Undecided on that one.

1 Like

I just went to BoG for dinner and I was really unimpressed. I’ve done Cinderella’s Royal Table before for breakfast and I thought it was great - though still a one and done for us just because of money and time. BoG dinner food was mediocre and WAY over priced. Now…we are vegetarians and I have heard that the meat dishes are good. But we felt like we got a lot less food for the same price as people eating meat. We ordered the charcuterie without the meat and it didn’t come with crackers or anything to eat the cheese with. That was odd. And the salad we ordered was missing the cheese and nuts that were supposed to be on it. All in all, it was a disappointing experience.

I completely disagree. I never have a qualm about discussing a bad experience - or a differing opinion. And I have certainly read other “negative” reviews of things. And as long as it is done with respect, it is well received.

6 Likes

Really? Ask me about AKL CL- if you have a couple of hours someday.

8 Likes

Oh boy…see y’all just proved my point.

We took my in-laws to lunch 2 weeks ago. I’m glad they got to see the place. The folks working the lunch shift (the ones clearing tables and manning the drink stations) were not pleasant. I witnessed no less than 5 guests ask where the lids were for the drinks. Each one (including myself) was snapped at and curtly told that there were none. The first table I passed after that all had lids on their cups… Whatever. I’m guessing that the place is just a zoo and those working there get fed up with being asked repeatedly for things they aren’t supposed to provide.

My croque monsieur was edible but not even close to the one from Les Halles, or to the grilled ham & cheese I could slap together at home.

That was my 4th time dining there. Most likely it is the last. There are too many other excellent choices within walking distance.

1 Like