BC vs YC vs BW

Does anyone know if the room request feature on TP actually works? I want to add something about being in a non-dog area to my reservation and can’t see how to do it on MDE. If I have to call, do I call the resort directly?

2 Likes

This is the way.

DH and DS enjoyed the buffet. And it’s just a few dollars more than getting just the entree so I feel it’s a good value if you have the appetite (which I don’t)

1 Like

IIRC, I did not speak to the resort directly. This was also early in their pet policy so I’m not sure what has or hasn’t changed in where the pet-friendly rooms are.

1 Like

You call the Reservations team.

I will point out though that every room can have a service dog in it, so if you need to avoid due to allergies you should also request a deep clean of the room.

3 Likes

I think you made the right decision for you! You’ll love it. I want to stay at YC someday but not with my kids. Since it’s not DVC it’s not the best option for me so it could be a while.

1 Like

I never heard barking but did see people walking their dogs on the lawn as I had a water view right in front of the dog watering lawn (aka the pee pee place).

3 Likes

which lawn is that :joy:

1 Like

the area I circled:

3 Likes

This room was worth it for the fireworks view though! And I enjoy the doggies personally so watching people walk the handful of 'em I saw was good fun for me.

5 Likes

We stayed at YC last month and really enjoyed it. We got a room nowhere near our request - requested upper floor in the vicinity of @gingerSnaps543222’s room and got a ground floor room facing the tennis court, but we were only there for 3 nights so we stuck with it and it was surprisingly quiet. We did hear a dog bark once on the morning we checked out, but I assume it was just walking by. Overall, BWI is our fave for nostalgia reasons, but I think you’ll love YC!

2 Likes

It does look like a great view!! I won’t have a water view, I’m getting garden (hopefully) or woods.

ETA: I enjoy doggies too! I thought the pee lawn was funny.

2 Likes

I booked thru Hotwire and so was surprised I got water view. I paid like $250/night or something ridiculous so the water view was icing!

5 Likes

That’s an amazing rate! Like 1/2 price. I saw some good deals on Priceline but they raised the price before I booked.

:heart:

Everyone has to go! Lol

There’s a house in my neighborhood with a sign that literally asks you to not let your dog pee on their lawn. I wish I could get my dogs to purposefully go there! Ha ha. I’m obviously a little passive aggressive. Hee hee. I find it ridiculous. I want to tell this person that they do know that the squirrels and raccoons and field mice and armadillos and possums and birds and snakes and lizards etc are all using their lawn as a water lawn?!?! Lol. I do clean up my puppies poopeh but pee pee is a bit silly to ask for.

2 Likes

Well I can’t heart that. :frowning:

Yes it was a steal hence my stay there but I did enjoy the resort and the breakfast at Ale & Compass is solid. We tried the chocolate waffles and the blueberry bacon pancakes. I’d do the pancakes again over the waffles personally but next time I’ll prolly try the stuffed French toast for science.

1 Like

Also i think they should change those rooms to watering lawn view! ;-).

3 Likes

IIRC, the policy is that if a dog is barking, the owner is called, and if the barking continues for any length of time, the dog is uninvited from the resort and you have to kennel them at the nearby kennel. I find this comforting for our upcoming stay.
Where are the standard rooms? Should I make any specific requests? I doubt we’ll look out the window after inspecting the view after check-in. We will be in the parks. There will be no relaxing this time! lol

2 Likes

Definitely check out the room finder here on Touring Plans for standard rooms. Even if you aren’t looking for a specific view, there may be some you don’t want…

3 Likes

No you didn’t miss anything. We mostly used the patio door as exit/entry when we were close by on the bridge watching the Epcot fireworks. Still a quick exit out of the stairway door onto same walkway.

My husband and I are big Boardwalk fans and always stay here. I am excited for the new rooms, the pictures are beautiful! We do tend to stay on the club level because of the fantastic cast there. We enjoy the quiet pool so much, it is very relaxing. My grandchildren love the slide at the main pool better than the one at the YC and BC.

4 Likes