Back to the World! (This Time Without a Broken Leg)

Y’all are killing it!! :laughing: Love it when it works out so well.

7 Likes

Getting to the gates early makes a huge difference if you can do it!

9 Likes

Your DDs have been rocking some fabulous ears :star_struck::star_struck:

Have fun at Epcot.

6 Likes

Great strategy for the morning! And this! :scream:

Well done!

2 Likes

Just got back to the room for a little rest and maybe a swim.

Did Remy, Frozen, TT, GotG, and Soarin. Overall not bad, both TT and GotG had “issues” just as we were about to board, but each only caused a slight delay. Maybe 5 minutes each.

I don’t know if Soarin was down at all, but it was mobbed. 120 min posted wait, and even with a LL we waited almost 30, but it was as fun as ever.

Had a 12:05 ADR for Le Creperie which we didn’t arrive at until 12:25. It was fine. Food was good, not great. Best part was the salad….so refreshing. Service was pretty slow. Over an hour for 4 entry crepes and 4 dessert crepes. Don’t know if I would go back.

Arrived back at the room about 2:15. Overall an awesome morning. GotG was SOOOO fun. Got the song I wanted, September which made it even better.

Just cancelled Biergarten dinner as we will not be hungry for it at 5. Plan to head back later for the evening. It is hot out today. Heat index is 100…. I’ll take a nice break, thank you very much!

19 Likes

That sounds wise!!

3 Likes

I was in Epcot as well this morning. Had boarding group 1 but did not get in line until 9:45. Waited about 45 minutes to get on. It was a hot and busy day today.

5 Likes

It was … break was good. We went back at night but the humid6… Holy cow!

8 Likes

MOVING DAY

Heading from CBR to the cabins at FW. Really looking forward to staying at the campgrounds.

Slept in, been stacking G+ for a late afternoon evening at MK. Dinner at Skipper’s Canteen!

It’s hot. Gonna hop the monorail and do some resort visits I think!

17 Likes

Exciting! Quietly hoping to see some pictures of the cabin (no pressure).

Looks like your trip is going great! Your girls look like they’re having a blast, love those smiles :blush: I’m curious what their book bags are? They look like something my kids could wear that aren’t too big. We’re doing our first stroller free trip in the fall and I’d like them to hold their own stuff!!

2 Likes

The bags are actually Camelback type packs. They have a bladder of water in them and a internal straw which we fill with ice and water in the morning (we don’t fill it all the way, as it holds a lot of water, so we put about 24 oz of water and some ice in it, then refill as necessary) It is big enough for them to hold a snack, their poncho, sunglasses etc.

My DW bought them on Amazon, so I don’t have the link available, but they are working out quite well.

6 Likes

Anything in particular you want to see? This is a pretty decent tour video

But I am happy to grab a couple shots if you interested in anything in particular.

3 Likes

Tuesday, Moving Day was a Success!!!

We slept in, well, the kids did, I have safely left that ability behind in my old(er) age.

DW and I got up, tossed a couple loads of laundry in over near the Aruba quiet pool, and walked over to Centertown Market for coffee. Let the girls sleep in a bit, but eventually got them up, made them help us fold laundry :grin: packed up and said goodbye to CBR.

We drove over the FW and arrived just about 11 and checked in. Of course, our cabin wasn’t ready, but was able to work out our location with the front desk, and got our golf cart so we could explore, which we did. FW is huge and beautiful and we are looking forward to staying here and enjoying this place.

At this point we made sandwiches in the back of our minivan, ate a quick bite of lunch, left our car in the main parking lot at FW and took the golf cart to the boat launch.

We hopped a boat to the MK, transferred to the resort monorail and explored the Contemporary, revisited the Poly (with a stop at Pineapple Lanai) and made it back to the MK about 3:15. Just as we walked in, the parade was arriving at the end of the route, so we got to see the parade from a great spot near Tony’s, with no wait!!!

I had been stacking G+ reservations since 7, so I had Jungle Cruise, Splash, and BTMRR, and ILL for 7DMT already set up for late afternoon. It was HOT yesterday, so we started with DW’s favorite, the Carousel of Progress, then enjoyed the Peoplemover, we then rode 7DMT, and watched the new Mickey’s Philharmagic. The theme was shade, air conditioning, and not a ton of walking.

We then toured the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, which DD9 was obsessed with doing, for no reason other than she had to skip it last time with a broken leg, so she was NOT missing out this time. We rode JC, with a fantastic and very funny skipper, then headed up for Splash and BTMRR. We then hit up PotC standby on our way to dinner at Skipper’s Canteen.

What a great meal we had. Our server was perfect, the food was delicious (cheese bread, cachapas, soup (SO GOOD), short ribs, and thai noodles). What a great meal.

At this point, I had HM, and SM stacked, and it just became grab best available. We did Buzz Lighyear, Astro Orbiter, Space Mountain, IASW, and HM. It started raining after the fireworks (which we skipped) so, we missed Barnstormer and Dumbo (and Speedway, which I hate, but the girls wanted to do).

We ended on HM, then shopped, hopped on a boat to FW, travelled all the way out to pick up the car, and finally made it home around midnight.

It was a super fun day and the stacking worked very well.

27 Likes

Wow what a great day!!!

5 Likes

I’m exhausted just reading this! You did so much in one day!

4 Likes

LOL. It was actually really relaxing. We slept in, and had a relaxing day until hitting the park. But even then, the stacking allowed us to move at a reasonable pace, AND we had about a 75 minute break for dinner.

It was a lot of fun though - and we did get a lot accomplished.

12 Likes

Sounds like a great day!

3 Likes

That’s an epic day!
Great photos :star_struck:

5 Likes

Nothing in particular. I’m just being obnoxious, living vicariously through your trip report.

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing

3 Likes