Back to the World! (This Time Without a Broken Leg)

Really enjoying this trip report!
It’s like a balm to my soul… very necessary a month after I’ve left WDW.

6 Likes

So many excellent photos! :star2: :star_struck: :star2:

4 Likes

So, today was a relaxing - non park day. We slept in ( I didn’t have to wake up for G+ or any foolishness). I brewed and drank an entire pot of coffee. Girls slept until about 9:45. We had a leisurely breakfast in the cabin. It was very nice.

We then applied copious amounts of sunblock and headed to Typhoon Lagoon, arriving there about 11:45. We all had a great time, riding sides, jumping in he wave pool and watching the world go by. We had lunch there and ended up staying until just after 6.

We then made a quick stop at Publix for a few supplies, and back to the cabin. We cooked dinner - we may have been the first people to cook in this cabin as I had to remove the shrink wrap from the cutting board (could they possibly replace the cutting board after every rental? I wouldn’t think so) and the pans/utensils looked brand new.

After dinner, we took a golf cart ride around and stopped at the Meadows Trading Post, toasted a couple marshmallows and watched a few minutes of Zootopia on the big, outdoor, screen.

Then home and off to bed. Headed back for an early morning at AK and a possible hop to EPCOT for tomorrow evening.

24 Likes

Fun day! It looks like you got a cabana at TL.

3 Likes

We did. So worth it!

3 Likes

I wanted to get one but didn’t want to spend five hours on hold to book it. :joy:

4 Likes

Sitting around the dinner table with your family at WDW. Doesn’t get more precious than that. :heart:
Hope you have another great day.

4 Likes

Wow folks, the heat is real. Rope dropped AK again today, had a few things we wanted to do, but it is HOT. Temperature is 96, heat index is 103. We left around 12:15 to head back to FW for lunch and a cool down. Kids will swim, we will go back to EPCOT this later afternoon/evening.

If you are headed this way - watch those temperatures, and I would strongly suggest rope drop if you can do it and getting out by 1…

Of course, the a/c is so cold in the room that the girls are using a blanket while laying on the couch!

13 Likes

IDK why but what came into my head immediately upon reading this phrase was:

“The temperature’s about 88
Hop in the water plug
Just for old time’s sake
Break to ya crib change ya clothes once more
Cuz you’re invited to a barbeque that’s startin at 4”

6 Likes

Now THAT is a throwback!!!

2 Likes

Yeah I decided not to visit a park this week. Hoping the next rain brings sone cooler air with it. We are new to FL but our neighbor claims June is the hottest month, I’m thinking I believe him this week!

5 Likes

Thanks for the headsup

:hot_face:

3 Likes

I’m somehow just now finding this thread so apologies for the late comments. But @GreyingMouser, I think it means you need to go back (soon) so you can give us an improved flow trip report. We insist! :wink: :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

Love this picture of you and the girls in front of the CBR sign! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

This is my favorite way to catch the parade! Walk up and watch with no wait, no fuss. You have been having some great days! Can’t wait to get caught up!

By the way, DD9 has good taste! I love the Swiss Family Treehouse! I have to do it every time and I was so sad when DLR rethemed theirs to Tarzan.

3 Likes

I’m taking notes … Hoping to have this kind of success when my daughters and I go in August!!

4 Likes

OK - Day 7 - Let the Hopping Begin in Earnest

So, now that we have spent some time in all the parks, the rest of the schedule is, more of a sketch than a plan. I have park passes because you have to, but we are doing what we want, as we want. I still am sketching out a touring plan, but it gets modified on the fly a lot.

We got up this morning EARLY… Again, to rope drop DAK. This is our last planned time to be at DAK, so we wanted to make sure to do all the things that were important

We were not quite as on the ball today as on Sunday, but we were still at the tapstiles by 7:20, and walked mostly unobstructed onto FoP. At 7 I grabbed an 8am LL for KS and bought LL for GotG because we were planning to hop to EPCOT later. Got finished with FoP and headed to the safari and really enjoyed the morning safari. Standby was about 90 minutes at 8:15 in the morning, so I was glad to have the LL.

After tapping into KS, I grabbed a LL for EE, which I hadn’t planned on doing, but EE didn’t open with the park, in fact it didn’t open until after 10 or 1030 i think, so I anticipated longer lines.

At any rater, starting at early entry, we did FoP and KS, grabbed another coffee and another giant cinnamon roll and sat down for a few minutes. By 9:15 we were ready to move on, so we waiting a couple more minutes and took the 9:30 train to Rafiki’s Planet Watch. DW and I both wanted to do the animation experience. We had so much fun!! I am a terrible visual artist but I am quite proud of my work today!!!

When we finished that, we pet some of the animals and hopped the train back to Harambi. Such a worthwhile expenditure of our time, I encourage all to try.

At that point, we went to enjoy the Bird show, then rode EE with a LL. At this point I started stacking at EPCOT.

When we finished EE, we were going to try the new Fish Thing (name courtesy of @sanstitre_has_left_the_building ) but it was SOOOO hot, and getting crowded at AK. I also wanted to visit the sacred spot, but, frankly, I wasn’t that hungry, and the kids were getting cranky, so the wiser parent in me said to head out. We had a fantastic last bite of DAK, and I didn’t want to push it.

Back to the cabin, for lunch and a rest. Some people fell asleep…

I jumped into some work emails, and kept stacking for EPCOT.

Finally, about 4:00 or so, we headed towards EPCOT.

We hit the ground with GotG (One Way or Another), then Mission to Mars (Orange) for DD9 who really wanted to do it, then TT. We then crossed the park, hit Soarin and I picked up a Remy LL before our 7:30 dinner ADR at the Biergarten.

Biergarten was so fun - kitschy as always, and the food was the same… but the girls really enjoyed the show.

After dinner, we walked out and made our way towards the front and took in Harmonious from near the Port of Entry…

Unpopular opinion follows - WARNING

I am unimpressed with Harmonious. And I say this as someone who thought Illuminations was fine, but not AWESOME. I wasn’t overly sad when it ended.

But at least Illuminations was an original creation for that space and place. Harmonious is just a regurgitation of familiar Disney music, characters and movies… I can see a thousand different versions of this same thing.

And, they have a giant open lake, with 360 access… and they design a show which is CLEARLY directional to 2 different spots, making about 20% of the viewing locations ideal, another 20% acceptable, and the remaining 60% as subpar.

And all of this comes for a 15 minute show which comes at the cost of making the lake, for the other 12 hours of the day looking like an industrial accident - to put it politely. The world showcase used to be so peaceful and beautiful and now it looks… well, not. The Harmonious set pieces are nothing but an eyesore.

At any rate, to each their own… our friends loved it. But it isn’t overly impressive to me. We did get a great shot of the girls though.

We then enjoyed the walk out, taking in the beauty of Spaceship Earth… and back home.

It was a fantastic day. Using stacking, we were about to get LL for KS, EE this morning at DAK, then GotG ($LL) plus MtM, TT, Soarin, and Remy in the evening for EPCOT.

We really enjoyed the slower pace of today.

Tomorrow, last morning at DHS, followed by some MK time!!!

28 Likes

It didn’t seem so slow!

4 Likes

That’s a great pic!!

Is DW celebrating a graduation?

3 Likes

Yes, she just finished her Ed.S. in curriculum and instruction

8 Likes