Aulani Trip Report 9/5/21 (10 days)

wow! this is on my bucket list for sure. thanks for letting us all tag along :wink: your pictures are like a an advertisement, so amazing!

1 Like

I wanted to take some other pictures on base but there were signs posted NO PHOTOGRAPHY. We saw a very large aircraft with ‘republic of shanghai’ written across it. It was the size of AF-1. Boy I hope I don’t get in trouble for writing this. I didn’t take a picture and I really wanted to. Here’s other innocuous photos.

The last pic was my 2nd line at the commissary. One line to get in (line dropping. 29th in line) and one to check out.

10 Likes

It’s a gorgeous day today. Light breeze.

13 Likes

Around the resort

13 Likes

In the gift shops

16 Likes

Oh, we did some damage at that gift shop (the money kind).

6 Likes

those pineapple bags are too cute!

3 Likes

I agree that’s why I zoomed in on it. I might have to get a pineapple bag. :thinking:

5 Likes

Spotted a mongoose but not quick enough with camera. Dessert. Vanilla, cream. Pineapple cherry banana

15 Likes

14 Likes

Oh, does it have all the hidden Mickeys too?

I was showing DH some of the pictures and we were talking about how much it reminded us of the Poly. Except, y’know, actually being in Hawaii. So, does it still feel like “theming” or does it just feel authentic?

We’ve only been to Hawaii once. Stayed in a cabin for part and a boutique hotel for part. So I’m in no way knowledgeable enough to judge on authenticity. Just curious.

3 Likes

We just got back from Hawaii yesterday! Maui, though. Did the wristband entrance thing with Delta, too - worked slick. (But man, was I stressed before - we had to fly through LA, and the kiddos had to be tested 72 hours before THAT plane took off, and test results were coming in slow here and I don’t think I breathed until their negatives showed up! Made them take them at 2 different places, just to double our odds.) Hope you have as beautiful a trip as we did! (Felt a little guilty, with the governor asking people not to come because of their Covid situation. But we’d put this off twice already, and since we’ll probably be cancelling the Disney October trip, we decided to go.)

7 Likes

It feels more authentic here in Aulani. They have made a great effort w/ music, language and food. I think the theming here is historical.

We missed out on some good local Korean bbq today. There was a stand set up in front of the NEX and it smelled SO good, but we were full from breakfast. Another day. We made dinner in our room. Nothing (food) at Aulani interested anyone here. Also a $22 hamburger or my 2 tacos :taco: for $22 was off putting (last night).

7 Likes

Well, that’s authentic Disney anyway! :laughing:

9 Likes

Oh, and if there aren’t pics, it didn’t happen. (Those are universal food chat rules.)

2 Likes

Figuring out food here is a chore. The Aulani app is pretty useless in comparison to MDE app. I can find where food is but can’t find menus or make reservations. I gave to call directly but w/o knowing what they serve… sigh. Hence we’ll be using our kitchen a lot.
‘Learn more’. Not much.

4 Likes

Soooo true :wink:

2 Likes

Spicy Italian sausage (browned) mixed with potatoes o’brsin. Topped with spinach and eggs over easy. By the time I thought of a pic it was half gone. Oh the guys top it with a 3 alarm boars head cheese. Spicy dinner tonight. Or breakfast for dinner.

6 Likes

Yum! We make something similar for breakfast occasionally.

:sweat_smile: Oh, I’ve already been stalking those on the website:

It looks like they have a “sample menu” for most restaurants.

3 Likes

MThanks for the link. Everything I read and can read doesn’t appear to be ‘true’ during a pandemic :mask:. That’s funny… I’ve been avoiding any Disney owned link for Aulani since their app is so useless :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. And walking around last night…. There are bars everywhere :cocktail::wine_glass:

2 Likes