Aulani bound... anyone else going soon or been? Tips and important details due to, you know, covid ;)

This link has interesting travel data for Hawaii: Travel Data - Hawai‘i DOH: Info & Resources for Managing COVID-19 (hawaiicovid19.com)

1 Like

Just got a helpful email from our airline reminding us to register w/ Hawaii under safe travels program and directions on how to avoid screen at Hawaii airport. If there wasn’t all the other nonsense going on I’d be more excited but I keep waiting for a shoe to drop and force us to cancel… horrible stress.

1 Like

It is stressful. I hope you can still go.

1 Like

We do too. I’m getting my lists in order and will start packing next week. By this time next week we’ll be flying over the pacific ocean.

1 Like

Next week?!? Yay!!

1 Like

Yes, next Sunday we leave MCO at 0900.

2 Likes

Fabulous!!

1 Like

current 9/1

Hawaii is again adding restrictions after desperate pleas from both state and local officials, who are intensifying calls for visitors to reconsider travel to Hawaii to combat the highly transmissible delta variant of the coronavirus.

While they are adding new caps and anti-coronavirus measures, they are still stopping short of a re-entering a full lockdown.

Although restrictions had been slowly lifting for the Aloha State, in August, Honolulu Mayor Rick Blangiardi restricted large groups and gatherings, urged state leaders to shut down beaches and parks and re-implemented a 50% cap for restaurants and bars.

Related: Desperate warnings from Hawaii

Most recently, local leaders from Oahu announced on Aug. 30 that the island will be instituting a minimum 60-day COVID-19 vaccine or negative test mandate to eat at bars and restaurants, in addition to other indoor facilities, including Honolulu.

Although the state has not indicated its intention to add back pre-travel testing, vaccination or self-quarantine requirements for interisland travel, planning a vacation to Hawaii continues to be a challenge.

It’s a lot of information to keep track of — and it changes often. So, here’s the latest about traveling to the Aloha State right now and what you need to prepare for a successful trip.

1 Like

Just a few days left for you, right? Still seems doable given your circumstances!

1 Like

4 days… we leave Sunday morning. Yes, b/c I’m not worried about restaurant capacity or showing proof of vaccination, I have a full kitchen w/ an ocean view. I think we’ll be fine :wink:

You are going to DL tomorrow?!? WooHoo!

2 Likes

Yep! So excited!

2 Likes

If you don’t already, follow Joe Rohde on instagram, So many of his posts have to do with Aulani (ex: 6/22-6/30/2020; 5/20-6/1/2020, and most recently 8/25/21-8/29/2021). So many details have so much more meaning than you’d ever guess!

1 Like

Will you be reporting or just enjoying 1:1 time with your wife?

1 Like

When we were in Hawaii in May, some restaurants asked for our QR codes showing a negative Covid test and all of them had us fill out a form for contract tracing. It wasn’t a big deal to us.

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Trip report is in the works! I will try not to be distracted from time with my wife but I’m sure there will be plenty of time for posting.

3 Likes

Is anyone interested in a semi-LIVE report from Aulani?

3 Likes

Excellent!

Any special experiences planned? Dining?

1 Like

Yes :heart_eyes: We cancelled our 2020 trip there (was for our 25th anniversary) so I’d love to see a report. Hoping to reschedule someday.

1 Like

We will be celebrating our 23rd anniversary while we are there. I’ll do my best. I like to take lots of pictures. So it might be more of a picture TR b/c typing on the worlds smallest keyboard aka my phone is not my thing :wink:

5 Likes

Yes!!

2 Likes