Aulani bound... anyone else going soon or been? Tips and important details due to, you know, covid ;)

I remember when I first moved there I had the worst time adjusting to the time change. I’m trying not to think about it too much, because I am worried about how much it could interfere with being able to do anything.

2 Likes

Honestly it really did work out. We needed to get down to the beach and pool early to get chairs and a lot of things at the resort were closed by 8 o’clock. So it wasn’t a problem.

2 Likes

Sooo helpful. Thank you.

1 Like

The DCL podcast recently had an episode on Aulani. I really enjoyed it and it made me want to go there. They had someone on who went in July.

3 Likes

OK… sharing this here b/c I didn’t understand this and kept looking for my QR code. There is a timeframe that has to be followed to get the QR code and then the code will show up in your Trips (details). AND saved another $200 on a car rental by checking in every few days. I’m down to $800 on a full size car at Enterprize for 9 days.

2 Likes

Ok… this is stressing me out too much. How can any bureaucracy have ppl wait 24hrs before travel (that’s just the health screen part)??? Did any of you that went to HI use any of the 3 digital health partners? Also, it’s just recently that HI has allowed non-residents to use vaccination verification so if you used the required covid test how did that work for you. I’m 26 days out and need to get this nailed down. Thanks: @Dreamer @Wahoohokie @Julianne_fki. Oh, did any of you use vaccination cards?

2 Likes

We were all vaccinated, but they weren’t accepting that back in May. I think I am remembering more clearly now the steps we did. We all had Covid tests on a Wednesday (our flight was Friday). Prior to being tested we all had created Safe Hawaii accounts. Once our Covid results came back (about one hour thanks to Walgreens), we uploaded the results on the Safe Hawaii site. Then on Thursday we received a reminder to answer the health screen questions. Once those were answered, we received our QR code. Yes, that was just one day before we flew that we had verification we could travel. Absolutely stressful. And yet so worth it because it was a fabulous trip.

3 Likes

Thank you for the details!!! REALLY! It does help to know what to expect. I’ll gird my loins and take my chill pills. sigh.:laughing:

2 Likes

I have a friend who is there now and I just messaged her to find out how it worked for her. She is vaccinated and arrived to Oahu just a few days ago. I want to make sure you have all the up to date details.

1 Like

You Rock! TY

1 Like

It was stressful. Our flight was Friday evening and the test had to be within 48 hours or something like that? Basically, Thursday was our only option for testing. We used Walgreens too, and our process was very similar to @Dreamer’s. I think my process was the least stressful because I had had COVID within 90 days and got a QR code based on my positive results in December plus a letter from my doctor.

3 Likes

Thank you. I didn’t realize you had covid :pensive:

Hawaii better be worth all this stress! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

It will be.

1 Like

Our experience was the same as @Dreamer , test on Wednesday, results back in a couple of hours, uploaded and got QR code within 24 hours. Did not use a vaccine card (this was January). Also got our tests at Walgreens.

3 Likes

I did see the other day that Governor Ige (Hawaii) is in talks this week about adding the need for a negative test in addition to being vaccinated, so keep an eye on this. That would be in line with many other places, that have added that in the last week or two. We were looking for a trip for the end of the year, every place we looked out of the US seems to want a negative test in addition to be vaccinated.

2 Likes

DH and I have already considered this as we watched the Delta rise. Thanks for confirmation. I’ll be watching. :pensive:

1 Like

I thought this was funny. Found it on the Hawaii Safe Travel FAQs. I laminated our cards :laughing::laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

So I asked my friend who is in Hawaii now. She said she received her QR scan code quickly after she uploaded her vaccine record (which she did a few weeks before the trip).

2 Likes

:sob::sob::sob::sob: none of us have received anything :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

I know. I wonder why. Do you think it might be because they are planning on requiring a negative Covid test even if you’re vaccinate?

2 Likes