August is the Best Month to Visit Disney World...Said No One Ever

y’all are making me feel like I’m escaping the heat :upside_down_face:

its 97F in DC, 86F in Orlando right now

13 Likes

Yeah I’m a little east of you guys and the real feel temp today was over 100. :hot_face:
My central air is 40 years old and the scheduled replacement has been delayed bc of semiconductor shortages. :rage:

2 Likes

My backyard says it’s :hot_face: hot in the shade

10 Likes

merely 90. our Feels like according to weather.com is 103F.

Who knew?! I’m going to Florida for balmy temps!

11 Likes

:laughing::laughing:

1 Like

:purple_heart: Have THE BEST time!

2 Likes

Yeah, I grew up in Jersey but moved to PA a few years after we got married. Now I have been in PA longer than NJ.

3 Likes

I’ve been in early September, but never August. I always enjoy myself more once I accept that I will be dropping with sweat from the moment I step outside until I get back to the shower at night. Also, riding Splash will be refreshing.

2 Likes

This is one of the most captivating intros I’ve read. I AM SUCKED IN! Can’t wait to see what you do first. Thanks for taking us along!

6 Likes

so first question

Once I arrive to BWV likely around 2pm-ish, after I drop my bags at BWV, I will walk to Epcot and start having Food and Wine fun

I have a 8:45pm CG ADR. Do I stay to do more Epcot, be laid back, see Epcot Forever? Or monorail - yay! its back! - to CG to see HEA from there and late dinner? no idea if I can monorail back after that late dinner – i may have to bus to DS and from there to BWV

So, what would you do?

4 Likes

With that timeline I would (gasp!) give up the CG and stay at Epcot, be laid back, and see Epcot Forever (have you seen it? it’s fantastic!). Especially with the questionable transportation later in the evening unless you are willing to uber/lyft

5 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: Unexpected answer from you of all!!!

5 Likes

You would not be able to take the monorail back after dinner (EP would be closed and you can’t walk through?).

I would be concerned with the bus to DS plan since DS closes at 11:30.

2 Likes

yeah, that’s why it is complicated :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I know but arriving at 2pm and needing to allow an hour for transport to CR for CG means max 5 hrs at Ep which is just not nearly enough anymore. Add to that the transportation concern for after dinner and that it’s your travel day and the easy plan is the better plan. You’re under your own power the whole time and can get back to your resort when you are ready. And again Epcot Forever is fantastic.

2 Likes

If it is CG/HEA then I think cab/Lyft needs to be the plan to BWV

3 Likes

Which is how I did it in April and it was totally fine even if I did have to wait some.

2 Likes

Of course the “New Special Dining Experience” at CG might mean this could be your last oppty to enjoy it “normal” (and normal pricing) so if that’s a consideration then I reverse my vote.

2 Likes

and I have currently 4 HEA viewing opportunities, near and far

so that’s another reason to chill at Epcot

4 Likes

what’s that?!