August is the Best Month to Visit Disney World...Said No One Ever

Starting October (2? 3? 4?) CG will have a new dining experience. Nobody knows what that means (or what it will cost :roll_eyes: ) as it hasn’t been released yet except as a teaser and explanation for why nobody could get CG ressies after ?Oct2

2 Likes

Why can’t you walk over to MK resort bus stop area from CR after dinner and HEA?

1 Like

you know, I’ve run that damn road from TTC to Epcot so many times that would be an option

If only I did not need to worry that I’d be picked up by the Disney traffic police on I-Drive….

4 Likes

https://insidethemagic.net/2021/07/50th-dining-experience-california-grill-kc1/

1 Like

for 845 dinner she won’t be finished until sometime after 10 - 10:30. Well after park close and bus transport unreliable by then if they even let her past the security checkpoint on the pathway by then to get to the bus depot.

2 Likes

I’ve thought of that — MK closes at 9pm so buses end 10pm, it would be very close. DS would give me a little more wiggle time.

If it wasn’t for the impossibility of securing a new CG ressie for a future date (so as to utilize bump and run) I’d say hang onto it and see how you feel that day, but at this point it’s risky. What’s the penalty for no-show at CG? Is it still the $10 or is it one of those sneaky $25? If $10 it might be worth keeping and no-showing if you’re not up to it.

1 Like

yep, I think I’ll hold it for now. I expect I could go to guest services at epcot and bail

thx!

1 Like

I would do CG and HEA. I just did it on my last trip and honestly closing down CG was so nice. There were 2 of us staying at separate hotels and had no issues getting a ride back to them. I almost tried walking to MK bc there was still bus activity, but took the speedier route. I don’t think you can go wrong either way.

2 Likes

I mean this is the thing, right? Either way it’s a fantastic night!

3 Likes

I mean it really is probably one of the toughest decisions to make. CG is so great and hard to get, especially during HEA, which is ending soon. Epcot is more doable any day so not as special, but also great and has the convenience factor. Ugh. Tough call.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to hear what you decide!!! Oh the choices! YAY!

1 Like

So right before I went to bed last night, I decided to cancel the CG ADR. I realized that I want to prioritize lazying around Food and Wine this evening, see Epcot Forever, and hang our on the Boardwalk.

Headed to the airport soon!

22 Likes

That sounds delightful.

Safe travels! I am so very much looking forward to following you :smiley:

4 Likes

Looking forward to experiencing Disney vicariously through you. We were looking forward to a liner meet, but hopefully next time! I do think you will have a cooler time down there than here in sweltering DC. Have all the fun! Are you on your way yet?

3 Likes

A nice surprise —i’m upgraded to first class!

which is especially nice because the flight is showing full. The airport feels busy, but good mask compliance

23 Likes

boarding at 10am!

6 Likes

Nice! Pixie dust already. That’s a good sign.

3 Likes

I hope this is the first of much pixie dust sprinkled upon you!

2 Likes

Have an amazing trip!

2 Likes