August 7th is right around the corner

Yeah. Its disappointing that Disney doesn’t give good direction and communication in advance.

But, it really is not a big deal to most visitors though. But these crazy Touring Plans professesional planning people, sheesh…:laughing:

I think that vague language was on purpose because they had no idea what they would do. It’s possible they only made the final decision in the last week.

5 Likes

Honestly, I’m on here all the time and I forgot it was a temporary (supposedly) move for those rides from ILL to Genie+. It was this thread that reminded me, and then I had a minor panic. I think more people would have been shocked to have the rides moved out of Genie+, than to have them stay.

3 Likes

Wonder if my TPs for after 8/7 have auto updated to allow g+ return times for these rides now. Looking…

I think so. Checked my AK plan on the browser and EE is now listed as g+ instead of g+ ill. Good job TP!

2 Likes

Ugh, I hate this. I was happy to throw money to skip two lines per park.

Now thinking through if should park hop back and ride Guardians every day during my visit with ILL . . . .

Finally, an actual statement from Disney:

Earlier this year, we moved certain attractions from individual Lightning Lane purchase to the Disney Genie+ service for a period of time through Aug. 7. In order to continue providing Guests with more options while using the service, these attractions will be offered through the Disney Genie+ service beyond Aug. 7:

:partying_face:

11 Likes

They do reserve the right to “change at any time without notice” but I will take it.

2 Likes

I agree. As much as I am happy to not have to pay more, my child is not the rope-dropping type and having the ability to purchase 2 ahead of time helped us have the ability to work around that, so I would prefer that as well.

1 Like