August 7th is right around the corner

DD13 has been on 4 wait lists since February to speak with someone, mainly due to school and bullying. The lack of availability around us is ridiculous. Dreading return to school next week, summer break has been less stress on her.

3 Likes

Scott Gustin is reporting:

Here’s the updated MDE site change:

ORIGINAL

UPDATED

17 Likes

This is fantastic! I leave in 16 days and have 17 days until my first day in the parks.

3 Likes

This is great news! It makes such a huge difference, especially if you can utilize some G+ strategies there will be solid availability if the past month is any indication.

2 Likes

So…slightly unsure. Is this basically saying that what was in place “temporarily” until August 7 is now the status quo going forward? In other words…nothing is changing?

3 Likes

Same. It’s nice the way it is–I hope this does mean they are leaving it alone.

I agree. Although, it does mean I have to figure out what I’m going to do in December.

We don’t mind waiting in reasonable lines, and I really don’t want to support Genie+. So, I am willing to try for a VQ for Cosmic Rewind…and if that fails, obtain an ILLS for it. The only other ride that is kind of a “must do” (sort of, kind of) will be Remy’s because we haven’t done it before. If standby waits are fine, no problem. But without ILLS being available, it might mean having to purchase G+ in order to guarantee a ride. I suppose the cost of the G+ would be about the same as the cost of ILLS for just the ride, so perhaps on that day only it would be worth paying for G+ in lieu of ILLS for Remy.

I haven’t really been paying attention to wait times. I’m kind of waiting until after the summer rush to better judge what wait times will be.

1 Like
3 Likes

Yes, nothing is changing. The setup that has been in place the last few months will continue moving forward.

2 Likes

oh great! no more guessing. It was an oddly wording right from the beginning

Yay. So happy they are staying as Genie+

1 Like

I imagine customer satisfaction has been slightly better now than with the past (2 ILLS per park). Plus more G+ attractions/greets available now.

Disney is having patience with G+, trying to keep it going for a while yet and possibly not scrapping it.

2 Likes

Just want to document that my gut was right about something for once. :joy:

11 Likes

Good call, gut.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Woo hoo! I am thrilled. Mostly because I pre-purchased Genie+ for our trip in late August and have detailed plans for our three park days! It wouldn’t have been the end of the world, but I’m glad we still have the option of booking Space, Remy and FEA with Genie+.

1 Like

Don’t leave out this guy too :point_down:

2 Likes

Hey, I barely have time to toot my own horn, I can’t go around tooting everyone else’s. :rofl:

6 Likes

TWHS? :rofl: :flushed: :rofl:

6 Likes

Thanks. I had actually changed my mind, based on the fact that G+ availability has improved so much since the original Feb announcement. But happy to see they are keeping the old $ILL’s as G+.

Disney should have made an official announcement to let people know what’s up and that they are leaving the old $ILL’s in b/c they are committed to having good G+ availability. Why hide under the table?

3 Likes