AS2 or TSM at RD?

I was lucky to get a FPP for SDD. My TP is recommending AS first and then TSM. I’m watching wait times and this seems to make sense bc AS seems to be walk on the first 10 minutes and the goes up quite quickly. Whereas TSM seems to be 15-20 minutes at RD and then holds steady for 15-20 minutes. I’d rather wait in the TSM queue. Does this make sense? It’s just counterintuitive since TSM has longer lines I’m general.

1 Like

Are you sure you want to do ASS at all LOL ??? It spins a lot… :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

I have that exact same question. Following along.

Is it that bad? We love the teacups.

My kids are 2 and 4 so we aren’t doing ToT or RnRC so that wouldn’t leave many rides.

I am also wondering the same thing. And I am also trying to fit in meeting Woody & Jessie which I hear gets a long line up very fast. My TP is having me go to AS2 below TSM as well.

My kids (8, 6, 4 and 2) all loved the Saucers. And I think that doing that first makes a lot of sense. The queue for TSM is way more detailed and fun to look at PLUS its inside in the AC.

2 Likes

More of a whip than a spin. Though my friend said just looking at the video made her nauseous :joy:

1 Like

If you love the teacups you should love this one too. :smiley:

The teacups would simply ruin my day, I admire you and am a bit jealous… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes and TP doesn’t let you add them. I want to do Beauty and the beast at 11. My SDD is in the afternoon. I’m hoping to get it all in by 10:30.

TSM is older and has better capacity than AS2. I’d ride AS2 first. It’s not super spinny, per se. I think the comparison to the whip (found at many fairs) is good.

1 Like

I am hoping to get it all in my 10:30 for the frozen show. My SDD FP is for 9:40. It’s ambitious :grimacing::grimacing:

Thanks to both for the precisions. I didn’t know how to describe it well in english. :smiley:

Spin or whip, it still makes me want to give back my previous 5 meals though… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:joy::joy:

1 Like

Thanks for reassurances!

1 Like

I think Aliens first makes sense. It’s a slow loader and since it’s new will get backed up. TSM can take a ton of capacity and early they will only run one track and then add on others as the line grows which smooths out the wait. Last July we did multiple rides on TSM in the morning after SDD and the wait was about the same for each…

No problem. If you can do the teacups AS2 will be a breeze.

I rode Maters Junkyard Spin (which is the same ride as Alien SS, but at Disneyland with little mater trucks instead of aliens) with a 2 year old and neither of us were sick or scared. It’s tame.

I’m in the same predicament as you. My TP keeps telling me to ride Alien SS first, then TSM. However, I am 100% sure I want to ride TSM, so Im riding that first. If we get off TSM and the line for Aliens is short, we’ll ride it. If it’s long, we’ll just scratch it from our plan. (This was a really good opportunity for me to say ‘scratch ASS’ again, but I refrained.)

6 Likes

HIPPO: We also had SDD FP so we RD TSMM and then everybody but me rode AS2. The wait was about 20 minutes. This was Veterans Day weekend.

1 Like

So looking at my pictures, we were walking into TSMM at 9:01 (got a picture of the UNO cards). Finished TSMM 9:15 (my score picture). The family went to AS2, and I got a picture of BUZZ at 9:22. They didn’t get on AS2 until 9:55. So, @JRLE, you won’t make the 10:30 Frozen show if you have a 9:40 FP for SDD. I’d either skip AS2 or change the Frozen show time. We saw Frozen without a FP, we just jumped in a line when we were walking by. Yes, we went off our TP :slight_smile:

I would get AS2 out of the way first becauae I noticed that line tends to build faster than TSM. However I like the tea cups but I just did not enjoy AS2 and my kids were just like whatever about it. I can see not riding it again. But I can see if you never rode it why you would want to experience it at least once. I waited 20 minutes to ride it around closing time. I would never wait longer than 5 minutes again. Just my opinion.