AS2 or TSM at RD?

This is very good information, thanks for sharing your experience. I’ll have to look over my plans for the day!

Love it!

I would do as2 first. On an emh morning we rode it twice while rider swapping sdd then did tsmm. While we had a 15-20 minute wait for Tsmm as2 was walk on. Also my kids also 2 and 4 liked as2 much more than Tsmm as they didn’t really get how to play the games.

1 Like

LOL I’m such a wuss. I’m a Mater hater, took me an hour after riding it to feel better. Later ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Yeah, I can write wicked rhymes, you’re welcome) :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I’m not sure AS2 is worth any wait, however, if you are doing them all and it’s hot, definitely do that first and TSMM second as the TSMM line is inside in AC. Lines for As2 and Slinky Dog can be very hot.

Whippy I can do, jerky not so much. My problem is with abrupt change in vectors. It’s not like, say, Primeval Whirl, is it?:frowning_face: I have tried looking at the videos, but they’re all POV so it’s hard to see exactly how smooth the ride is.

If you are rope dropping you should definitely do AS2 first. It’s a walk-on first thing as everyone else heads straight for SDD, and you’ll be off the ride well before 9 am (you’ll be let into the park early, usually by about 15-20 minutes or so). If you head straight to TSM from AS2 you shouldn’t need to wait more than 10 minutes or so. The line moves quickly since it’s pretty much all standby at this point. You’ll be off TSM well before 9:30 am, even if all the tracks are not open. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s different from PW but the ‘‘whip’’ effect is sort of an abrupt change in vectors I think.

1 Like

I suppose I couldn’t get on the ride with a neck brace, huh? :thinking:

LOL

People get on Splash Mountain with their heads through garbage bag so why not ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

A 2 year old rode it @jflafond_869328!!! 2. YEAR. OLD. :joy:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I agree with this. TSM is also a more enjoyable line to wait in and the ride is longer so you’ll be on and off AS2 faster.
I only ride the teacups if we don’t spin the cup. AS2 is more of a slide than a spin to me and I enjoyed it a lot! Didn’t make me dizzy at all!

1 Like

I was just looking at pictures and wondering if AS2 is the same as the Mater ride at CA…glad to hear I’m not crazy.

I can do Mater, I can’t do teacups.

1 Like

So when do you squeeze in meeting Jessie and Woody? AS2, then meet and greet, then TSM? Or AS2, TSM, and then M&G. Or what about rope droppjng the M&G then move on to AS2 and TSM?

In planning on M&G after the 2 rides. If lines are ridiculous I’ll skip. As others said there’s not much info online about wait times and you can’t add to your tp.

I’d do AS2, M&G then TSM but I haven’t done it so it’s just what seems right to me.

We didn’t see any of the characters out the day we were there because it was pouring. I’ve heard that W&J get the longer line and that Buzz is/used to be more tucked away towards the back of the land so some people don’t see him.

I thought about this and even thought if we could RD the M&G and be one of the first few in line then quickly move on. We have SDD FP in the evening so if lines are long in the morning we will be back in the evening.

1 Like

I put AS2 in my TP first on an EMH morning in June and it said I would have a 64 minute wait!? I would only have a 20 min wait if I ride it after TSM. I guess my plan will be to show up and see what the wait is like, but is a 60 min wait typical for TSL rides during an EMH HS morning? Obviously, we’ve never been to WDW before, so I really have no clue.