As of 11 AM 6 Hour wait to get into World of Disney at DS - DAY 1 There are No lines - Day 2

I guess I’m not one then.

Yes, you don’t. But have you SEEN his hair?! That work of art definitely requires more waiting.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:

“Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful.”

Don’t worry. That’s not why :wink:

:smiley:

4 Likes

Bam! Who’s heartless now?

:wink:

Oh! I can see a new group poll starting, top reasons why you hate @ryan1 :rofl::crazy_face:

Oh hate?!
I didn’t mean hate.
I was reading too quickly while multitasking

I thought it said “heart”.

2 Likes

Then you get a “heart” felt apology

1 Like

This is what social distancing looks like at Disney Springs today. This is just for shopping… I really don’t know how it will be any better in the parks

Photo from WDWNT

1 Like

I’m getting anxiety just looking at it.

3 Likes

That makes me feel glad I’m not going anytime soon.

1 Like

This, on the new WDW “guest experience updates” page, sums it up best

"By visiting Walt Disney World Resort you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19."

1 Like

Nothing really wrong with that. General guidelines are to wear a mask anytime you will be less than 6 ft away from anyone.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a mask issue. Everybody is wearing them - which is great! It’s a literal “distance” issue. No one is more than 3 feet apart.

I’ve been in queues with people pushing to get 6 inches forward. Everyone is going to wear a mask, but still have the same poor behaviors. It’s truly going to come down to what the disclaimer says:

“By visiting Walt Disney World Resort you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.”

Don’t get me wrong. If I had the means I would be there on reopening weekend. However, I’m not naive enough to pretend that going to WDW any time soon, like 2020, isn’t going to dramatically raise my risk of exposure.

I guess I’m frustrated with hearing people preach social distancing & then not seeing it happen.

I wouldn’t be comfortable being less than 6ft from one person, mask or not. All those people, not a chance.

2 Likes

I think that certain shots make people look a great deal closer together than they really are, and this is one of them. Look how far away those umbrellas are, and then count the people in between. I don’t think that plaza is as crowded as it appears to be

And the social distancing applies to parties, not people. So I’d expect to see SOME people quite close to each other.

And furthermore, they’re outside, wearing masks. The transmission rate has got to be pretty close to nil in those circumstances.

I actually think that photo doesn’t look that bad. If it were indoors, or not wearing masks, I’d have a different opinion for sure.

2 Likes

Same group - different / further back angle

IMHO - Every person in that cluster is within arm’s reach of each other. They are just milling around. Which is what is going to happen on Main St. / SW:GE / Pandora / World Showcase.

Now… it does get better once you enter a queue.

But how is WDW going to curb clustering? Are Main St. / SW:GE / Pandora / World Showcase.
going to be directional? (one way enter / exiting?) Otherwise, clusters are going to happen. It’s the nature of theme parks.

3 Likes

I would be absolutely confident that social distanced will be maintained in lines, but this has been a concern of mine right from the start of speculation about how a theme park operates with social distancing. People can’t be spread out right from the point of arrival all the way to ride vehicles. Like you say - clusters!! Even if they could be distanced from the point of leaving their car to a ride, what then? When the ride is over and everyone squeezes to the exit gate all at once??

3 Likes

I guess what I’m after is someone to just stand up, shout and admit…

“You probably shouldn’t be here! However… it’s your choice and that’s acceptable. We will put on a show to make you feel better about being here.” :crazy_face:

3 Likes